MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The first movie actually had an A- on Cinemascore. 

LOL I’ve been wrong for 5 years 

Still i think my point is solid, the reviews was mediocre. And the reception is certainly better than what i wrongly remember, but not stellar either. 

So it won’t be a surprise when (or if … we never know) this ended up with mediocre reception. It’s the “oh it’s atrocious awful horrible insulting” discourse that is annoying and weird 

Edited by ThomasNicole

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

LOL I’ve been wrong for 5 years 

Still i think my point is solid, the reviews was mediocre. And the reception is certainly better than what i wrongly remember, but not stellar either. 

So it won’t be a surprise when (or if … we never know) this ended up with mediocre reception. It’s the “oh it’s atrocious awful horrible insulting” discourse that is annoying and weird 

The mixed reports on Aquaman 2 just show the eternal trught of the great Screenwriter William GOldmam statement on the basic truth about predicting the fate of a movie in Hollywood:

Nobody Knows Anything

• Like 1

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Movie I am trying to cut you some slack but

This is not helping

Hate to tell you this, but they do this all the time. Recycling shots from other films  is SOP..including big budget films. And almost all the time nobody notices.

Sure Tele will support me on this, use of footage from other films is SOP, even for big budget films.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Movie I am trying to cut you some slack but

This is not helping

??? a lot of movies does that in trailers. This was the first introduction to the Lost Kingdom, it’s kinda obvious why is here.

This is far from unusual, The Marvels dropped a marketing piece recently full of footage from previous things. 

See, this is what i’m talking about. 

Since everyone online spent their whole year hearing insiders talking about how this is the worst movie of the decade and embrace it as truth, now they’re just desperately finding things to support that. 

I’ve seen dozens of posts about the shot of the first movie being used again as something absurd with thousand of likes when this is common. 

20 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

??? a lot of movies does that in trailers. This was the first introduction to the Lost Kingdom, it’s kinda obvious why is here.

This is far from unusual, The Marvels dropped a marketing piece recently full of footage from previous things. 

I agree with the overall point but that’s not really the same thing. That’s a promotional video dedicated to recap the characters’ origin stories, not a scene in a teaser for a trailer for a movie that’s had zero marketing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

What is going on here on this thread? This forum has been dogpiling on the DCEU and CBM's  in general  and the industry buzz is horrible for this movie yet there is this weird defense of this movie all of a sudden. 

Well thankfully some people can have a critical thinking of the situation without just keep repeating the same thing everyone is saying   

12 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

What is going on here on this thread? This forum has been dogpiling on the DCEU and CBM's  in general  and the industry buzz is horrible for this movie yet there is this weird defense of this movie all of a sudden. 

The first one was WBD's third highest grossing film of all time when absolutely no one expected it to even break even and everyone expected it to flop. That's the reason.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well thankfully some people can have a critical thinking of the situation without just keep repeating the same thing everyone is saying   

I get that. I'm all for it. It would be nice if that happened more often instead of the usual dog piling some movies get around here with far better buzz than this is getting. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I get that. I'm all for it. It would be nice if that happened more often instead of the usual dog piling some movies get around here with far better buzz than this is getting. 

Yeah, the discourse around The Marvels is annoying as well and it doesn’t even have the amount of bad buzz this one have. 

I’m tired of CBM movies but it’s weird that the ones the gets more attacks are the ones that actually looks like it’s trying to do something cool. 

Edited by ThomasNicole

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah, the discourse around The Marvels is annoying as well and it doesn’t even have the amount of bad buzz this one have. 

I’m tired of CBM movies but it’s weird that the ones the gets more attacks are the ones that actually looks like it’s trying to do something cool. 

Yep. Considering it's those  two movies , The T Swift movie and maybe Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes and Wonka  are the only movies with 200 + potential the rest of the year it would be great if they turn out good and the bad buzz and haters mean nothing. 

• Like 2