MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

4 minutes ago, DInky said:

They're not

Reveal hidden contents

Bet on it.

I’m guessing that isn’t happening either, but I bet that almost happened. What will probably happen is

Spoiler

They’ll heavily hint at the baby being dead, only for Aquabro to find it alive during the climax, somehow 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I’m guessing that isn’t happening either, but I bet that almost happened. What will probably happen is

Hide contents

They’ll heavily hint at the baby being dead, only for Aquabro to find it alive during the climax, somehow 

Spoiler

86p562.jpg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Well, WB clearly is being honest with its genre audience...  "Last Stand" indeed...no mystery about Momoa's future in the role, here...

I know the chances of it happening are minuscule, but it’ll be pretty embarrassing/hilarious if this somehow breaks out and makes another billion after they promote it this way.

u/RelevationAnimations, u/blownaway4, u/AgentCooper315, u/Sliver__Legion, u/Su_Impact, and u/OutrageousProfile388 were all completely correct when they said this movie would flop or was dead on arrival.

I cannot believe that I predicted $750M when the trailer came out. What kinda drugs was I on? I even though there was a chance at this topping Oppenheimer's $942M WW. Now it would take a Christmas miracle for its worldwide total to top Oppenheimer's overseas total (hell its worldwide total could fall below Oppenheimer's domestic total). There's no way I seriously thought this could somehow top Oppenheimer worldwide even though no DCEU film in the past 5 years has even done half of that. 

I literally made a joke "Aquaman 2 under Black Adam worldwide" club back in September on my old account but now that actually might happen. 

On the poll back in August when I asked "Will Aquaman 2 outgross Across the Spider-Verse worldwide" like 90% of the votes said no. I thought they were being too unrealistic but it turns out they were completely correct. EVERYONE who was pessimistic about this movie's box office prospects were correct. ALL of them.

Edited by HummingLemon496

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I’m confused, why are we acting surprised? I feel like everyone here has already accepted a number around 30-40M OW for this.

These numbers point to like a $20-30M OW tho with the depressed Christmas IMs

Regardless I’m not too surprised with this result given I was setting internal expectations that were off given the holiday config