MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

The RT actually might not be completely terrible. But we’ve seen this before unfortunately. “Fun” doesn’t cut it for most people anymore.

I feel like fun is enough to interest people with nothing to do over the holidays.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t know anything about the market but ratings of 9 seem positive in China? And the $5m opening day doesn’t seem horrible? 

Unless a 9 is low there?

I'm pretty sure it's good. $25M 5-day, could go higher if WOM spreads well. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t know anything about the market but ratings of 9 seem positive in China? And the $5m opening day doesn’t seem horrible? 

Unless a 9 is low there?

The first one made 23m od in china and 9 is good but doesn't seem to indicate some excellent legs 

3 minutes ago, Giorno said:

The first one made 23m od in china and 9 is good but doesn't seem to indicate some excellent legs 

Ah ok. I knew it would be a gigantic drop from the previous film like everything else. But doesn’t seem to indicate an opening under $20m at least. 

I vaguely remember something about a 9/10 not being excellent there lol. Must be a tiny margin for excellent and huge margin for not. 

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ah ok. I knew it would be a gigantic drop from the previous film like everything else. But doesn’t seem to indicate an opening under $20m at least. 

I vaguely remember something about a 9/10 not being excellent there lol. Must be a tiny margin for excellent and huge margin for not. 

For a local film a 9 can blow up but hollywood films with even higher than 9 haven't done much there over the last couple years

So it's not nearly as terrible as scoopers hyped it to be? Shocker. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually better than The Flash, Shazam 2, Blue Beetle and The Marvels.

3 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I don't know. If it is a musical, there will be a major drop off. And Lady Gaga isn't exactly a major pull.

Both statements are wrong.

Edited by Firepower

The bombing of AquaBro 2 , starring Jason Mamoa, Patrick Wilson, and NOT Amber Heard, is a foregone conclusion that will be engraved into the pantheon of boxoffice flops. The only question that remains is whether it'll go under the Marvels or not. 

On 12/13/2023 at 11:32 AM, Becker said:

The fall from grace is real. I ask my movie group to see this movie, and I'm left with immediate rejection. 

They all would rather see Timotheeee Chalamet make chocolate instead. The crowd yearns for the TWonka. 

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

So it's not nearly as terrible as scoopers hyped it to be? Shocker. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually better than The Flash, Shazam 2, Blue Beetle and The Marvels.

Having seen it, and all of the films listed above. Aquaman 2 is definitely better than all of those, and on par with The Flash (which I thought was really good other than wonky CGI) but Aquaman 2's CGI is much better. The audience at my IMAX 3D theater ate it.

• Like 5