MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

1 minute ago, Megajohn01 said:

At most I see OS +China around 150-160M. Not saying it’s not possible to crack $200M OS but given the recent run of CBMs, I’m not willing to put money of that 

Yeah it's a long shot. But hey, Aquaman has surprised us before. Maybe he has one more left in him. 

• Like 1

I guess I still don't understand the desire to see this do better than The Marvels. Or even why it's a competition.

But I'm also thrilled this film's "failure", along with Migration's, might wake some people up to the fact that the whole movie landscape is changing and it's not just Disney that's hurting.

1 minute ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I guess I still don't understand the desire to see this do better than The Marvels. Or even why it's a competition.

But I'm also thrilled this film's "failure", along with Migration's, might wake some people up to the fact that the whole movie landscape is changing and it's not just Disney that's hurting.

Dude half of your recent posts here have some link with The Marvels, why when we talk is a problem? 

It’s not a competition, it’s a comparison because The Marvels is now the blueprint of huge flops and our doubts is how much of a flop Aquaman will be: even worse or a bit better. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Dude half of your recent posts here have some link with The Marvels, why when we talk is a problem? 

It’s not a competition, it’s a comparison because The Marvels is now the blueprint of huge flops and our doubts is how much of a flop Aquaman will be: even worse or a bit better. 

It isn't a problem calling The Marvels what it is: a bomb. Because it is. But it's also miserable watching many on this forum and the boxoffice subreddit miss the forest for the trees. I mean, I'm still seeing people surprised Aquaman 2 is tracking poorly, as if the writing hasn't been on the wall for months. With The Marvels, specifically, being proof.

1 hour ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Why is this thrilling?

2 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Every flop this year except Dungeons & Dragons and Mission Impossible 7 has had a celebratory/dancing on grave vibe around it. If GOTG 3 earned a B+ instead of an A then it would've flopped and people would've celebrated about that too.

Yep. Its unfortunate, but it is what it is, I suppose. 

23 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Why is this thrilling?

It's hard to explain.

I'm not thrilled about the state of moviegoing and theaters, but I'm desperately hoping that the joint failures of Aquaman 2 and Migration will wake more people up to the fact that there are root problems with genres and audiences, and that the General Audience isn't going to films or avoiding them based on which studio is releasing it.

24 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Verified RT starting at a 78%. . 

God that’s bad. Holding the embargo until the last possible moment truly was the best decision. It’s truly lucky it’s coming out during the holidays and its only competition is two musicals and a duck film.

B at best

Edited by Speedorito

2 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Maybe. . .but at best it's probably getting a low B+

I skimmed through the verified reviews. Don't know how it got a 78% because it seemed like there weren't too many negative reviews. We'll see if it changes 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Speedorito said:

God that’s bad. Holding the embargo until the last possible moment truly was the best decision. It’s truly lucky it’s coming out during the holidays and its only competition is two musicals and a duck film.

B- at best

I kinda suspected it. Dumb fun doesn't cut it anymore, it has been said about every CBM this year except Galaxy 3 and Spider-Verse and those are the only two ones to not flop

1. Aquaman 9/10

2. Wonder Woman 9/10

3. The Suicide Squad 9/10

4. ZSJL 9/10

5. Shazam 7/10

6. Man of Steel 7/10

7. The Flash 7/10

8. Black Adam 5/10

9. Shazam and The Fury of the Gods 4/10

10. B v S 4/10

11. Birds of Prey 4/10

12. Aquaman and The Last Kingdom 4/10