MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

I would not be surprised if Wonka does better then Aqua 2. 

I still wonder why Warners is indisting on relasing two huge films so close together, though.

That has to be a lock barring surprise audience reception. I’m just really curious how low the bro can go? Normally, I would say less than The Marvels is totally possible under all the circumstances, but I just don’t think the Xmas slot with no direct comp makes that possible. This will have to be the bomb of all bombs to miss 100 DOM when it is literally getting it handed on a silver platter 

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

I would not be surprised if Wonka does better then Aqua 2. 

I still wonder why Warners is indisting on relasing two huge films so close together, though.

No other studios are putting movies in Dec outside of Color Purple, so WB might as well make as much as possible by putting 2 movies there. People forget that multiple movies can do well over Christmas break.