DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

23 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I think it's interesting that so many reviewers praising Mendehlson made everyone believe that this was another CBM that managed the seemingly rare feat of having a great villain (like Thanos, Loki, or Killmonger), but as it turns out, the actual villain of the film is yet another bland, whocares? type of bad guy that nobody will remember once the movie ends (like Ronan, Red Skull, Whiplash, Malekith, Yellowjacket, Ultron, Ego, et al).

what

• Like 3

IMO, Killmonger is the villain that should have been spared. the movie starts working when he came to Wakanda and challenged the throne. I still think it's a big undoing that he was disposed off so quickly as his reign was much more interesting than actual king.  so we'll see what they make of Yoggy Bear in the furure even though he doesn't sound interesting. 

Edited by Valonqar

6 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Gamora and/or Nebula should be instrumental in his defeat. Period.

As a huge fan of Gamora (obvs) and Nebula, nothing would please me more than them both dealing him the killing blow together. But with Gamora dead(?) at least one of those is unlikely to happen, and while Nebula's got a chance since she's working with the Avengers I'm still not sure how closely involved she'll be in it. My personal dream scenario would for sure be them killing that evil purple fuck but I'm definitely going to keep my expectations in check with regard to that since the OG gang will take precedence as its their swan song.

gamora killing him wouldn't make sense cause she already did it and regretted it in the fake reality scenario. therefore, he should undo the soul stone sacrifice by taking her place in the soul realm and bringing her back. it's a wasted set up if they just do him in. even the ending proves he took it hard that he had to kill her. 'what did it cost?" "everything". that's the most interesting aspect of IW.

Now that we know CM's superpower came solely from Tesseract (Space Stone), there are now two SH, both happen to be women, that have tremendous powers originated from Infinity Stones, the other being Wanda who got her superpower from Mind Stone.

I wonder in Endgame anyone is going to acquire superpower from Infinity Stones?

Since CM got her power from Space Stone, Thanos with Infinity Stones can easily defeat CM. Thanos without the Stones vs CM is more debatable. But seeing that Wanda had difficulties fighting Black Order, and how strong and endurable Thanos is (being an Eternal and in comics he could defeat Silver Surfer etc. without the Stones), the comments that CM will kickass Thanos are rather naive.

CM kickassing Thanos would be anti-climactic as her story didn't build up to that showdown unlike other characters stories. so use her to kickass Thanos minions whom I'm sure he'll have cause there has to be an epic battle with millions vs millions, but leave Thanos to characters who have investment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jf8350143 said:

It's just unecessary and pretty much pointless. The way they handled it feels kind forced, they could leave it out and it won't make any difference, and put it in there will piss some people off. That's why I think it's bizzare. By marvel I mean Marvel studios aka the ones who make the film.

Thanks.  I suspected you were referring to Marvel Studios.

I disagree.  I'm fine with it.  Although I'm not burdened with any knowledge or back ground from the comics.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

gamora killing him wouldn't make sense cause she already did it and regretted it in the fake reality scenario. therefore, he should undo the soul stone sacrifice by taking her place in the soul realm and bringing her back. it's a wasted set up if they just do him in. even the ending proves he took it hard that he had to kill her. 'what did it cost?" "everything". that's the most interesting aspect of IW.

Gamora's reaction to "killing" Thanos wasn't simple - part of it would've been sadness because he was someone she would've (might've?) loved since he did "raise" her, but he was also her abuser who turned her into a murderer and the person who killed half her people. People can love their abusers while hating them at the same time, emotions are complicated and very rarely straight-forward. I wouldn't say she regretted killing Thanos at all, but it still would've been painful even though she knew it had to be done.

• Like 3

Just now, Gamora said:

Gamora's reaction to "killing" Thanos wasn't simple - part of it would've been sadness because he was someone she would've (might've?) loved since he did "raise" her, but he was also her abuser who turned her into a murderer and the person who killed half her people. People can love their abusers while hating them at the same time, emotions are complicated and very rarely straight-forward. I wouldn't say she regretted killing Thanos at all, but it still would've been painful even though she knew it had to be done.

that's a good point and I think their relationship was the highlight. i'm glad they explored it and I want more and of course I want Gamora back since she's my favorite. Zoe's so great. 

Moderation 

This is the spoiler thread for Captain Marvel about anything that occurs in CM including the end credits. 

This is NOT the Endgame spoiler thread. Do not post Endgame leaks or spoilers. 

Regards 

BOT Staff

3 hours ago, justvision said:

Now that we know CM's superpower came solely from Tesseract (Space Stone), there are now two SH, both happen to be women, that have tremendous powers originated from Infinity Stones, the other being Wanda who got her superpower from Mind Stone.

I wonder in Endgame anyone is going to acquire superpower from Infinity Stones?

Since CM got her power from Space Stone, Thanos with Infinity Stones can easily defeat CM. Thanos without the Stones vs CM is more debatable. But seeing that Wanda had difficulties fighting Black Order, and how strong and endurable Thanos is (being an Eternal and in comics he could defeat Silver Surfer etc. without the Stones), the comments that CM will kickass Thanos are rather naive.

With the stone, none of the avengers can take Thanos down, not even as a team. Without the stone though, Thor with his axe would kick his ass easily.

That's why I think people are putting too much thoughts on who will defeat Thanos. The major part of Endgame will be them trying to take the stones away from Thanos. CM, or any other heroes for that matter, won't be the key to "defeat" Thanos, they will only be the key to keep him away from the stones.

Edited by jf8350143

Another interesting aspect is the events with the Kree between Captain Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy.

In GOTG the Kree appear to be no longer controlled by the Supreme Intelligence, they have a peace treaty with Nova Prime and Ronan is on the outer.

Will a Captain Marvel 2 take place in between?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I'll bite

Why

Hide contents

does the cat end up scratching Fury's eye?

From what I remember he was just baby talking her too much and she lashed out. Nothing too exciting, which makes his cover story to Coulson over how it happened even funnier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamora said:

From what I remember he was just baby talking her too much and she lashed out. Nothing too exciting, which makes his cover story to Coulson over how it happened even funnier.

The best part was Fury saying it's just scratch and then it cuts to Talos and he has this look on his face that screams, "no, it's not just a scratch".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

The best part was Fury saying it's just scratch and then it cuts to Talos and he has this look on his face that screams, "no, it's not just a scratch".

Lmao that's right, the camera cuts to him shaking his head all like dude you're so screwed. Man I'm glad Talos survived I hope we see him again.

• Like 3