DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Goose being the reason Nick lost his eye was so predictable and just lame.

That said, it sounds pretty good. Seems a lot more twisty than the average Marvel origin. Reviews scared me a bit, but I should enjoy this.

9 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Any reason to believe these more than the various other Reddit "leaks"?

Timing and detail. Several hours after the red carpet something like this always goes up, and it’s always right. After all, enough people who use the reddit by then have actually seen the movie that if someone posts bullshit by then they get discredited quickly. 

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

There are bootleg pics online now that back up the end credit scenes. 

Yeah the credit scenes are pretty much confirmed everywhere.

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Timing and detail. Several hours after the red carpet something like this always goes up, and it’s always right. After all, enough people who use the reddit by then have actually seen the movie that if someone posts bullshit by then they get discredited quickly. 

Alright then, it is pretty close to what some fake "leakers" had guessed based on all the trailers' footage (10+ minutes combined).

Saw this tonight.  Can confirm all of the above is true (but don't read it all, if you can help it - go see it play out on the big screen!)

And also...have noticed at least two lines so far from the trailers that I don't think are in the movie!

Jude Law's

"You're not as strong as you think."

And astonishingly:

"I won't fight your war.  I'm going to end it."

Not there!

Edited by Macleod

Oh my god Carol's on earth with them all! I nearly screamed lol. Waiting for the end credits but omg she was there I wasn't sure if they'd show her there and they did. 😃

And everyone clapped at the end so I guess they liked it haha. We don't exactly clap here for movies so...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

Are the Skrulls purely good or is it more enemy of my enemy is my friend?

They were good from what was shown in the film, they just wanted to get away from the Kree and find their own homes to live in. I really liked Talos, Mendelsohn was basically playing himself but that's not a bad thing 'cause he seems pretty awesome and his sense of humour fit in well with the MCU brand so he pulled it off well. But the Skrulls in general were painted in a good light and were firmly seen as victims so I thought that was cool. I avoided as much as I could about the movie beforehand so I hadn't read anything about them, but I liked how they went from the villains to the people Carol and Fury started helping.

My brain is kinda mush right now but what's standing out is the music since it was basically a playlist of my favourite songs growing up. Them playing Just A Girl over her whooping her former team's asses might've been on the nose but that song is amazing and it great to watch so I really don't gaf. And her kicking that old lady's ass and the people on the train trying to stop her was hilarious, I love how they still tried to protect her even though you could see she was spry as fuck and giving as good as she got.

I really loved how much Fury was obsessed with Goose because as a cat person I feel that. It does amuse me SLJ is meh about pets irl because he sure as hell played a cat-lover to perfection in this. And I liked how Goose knew who to fuck up but then didn't eat Talos when he was undercover as a Kree, that was a funny moment when she didn't eat them all but also a nice way to show that she knew it was someone who was on her side. I do think Fury losing his eye to Goose was the kind of fan service that grates but the laugh when Coulson brought in a selection of eyes to choose from to replace it made up for it, so I can't be too mad.

And the end credits! It was so awesome to see the Avengers gang again and looking so sad with what's happened. I really didn't know if they'd show her alongside them but then it cut to her and I freaked out and the audience went nuts as well. We only see her for a few seconds but everyone was hyped and there was clapping after that part too (in addition to right after the movie ending), and I even joined in that time because YES. Carols' gonna fuck Thanos the fuck up motherfuckers!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

The Jude Kaw thing: did anyone NOT see it from the trailers? All he needed was a twirling moustache to be more obviously a villain.

I only found out that he is not the villain when someone on here told me last week. I've seen plenty of ads and trailers and I thought from them that he was the villain. 

• Like 1