DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

12 hours ago, Valonqar said:

it's a spoiler thread so you can elaborate in what way. :)

It was just boring to me, even the action scenes. There were those that were okay, but I think they could have made it more exciting. I expected an epic space battle. I didn't get one. That's a failure on my part. It's like THOR II. Some jokes also felt flat. I could feel that even the audience I was with didn't find some of them funny. Not everything is bad, though. The visuals as usual were good, though I found some scenes 'literally' dark. The actors were great. I had thought Brie Larson was miscast, but she was actually okay. Ben Mendelsohn and Jude Law were great as well. The best part was the mid credits scene. lol

59 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Or maybe because I am not from the US? But still, some just felt flat to me especially that "ass" joke.

Many jokes are related to computer/early stage of Internet. You don't need to be in US to get them, but you need to be old enough 🙁

Yeah, I thought a few jokes are literally "down there". That "ass" joke and that scene in autopsy are Deadpool level.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, justvision said:

Many jokes are related to computer/early stage of Internet. You don't need to be in US to get them, but you need to eb old enough 🙁

Yeah, I thought a few jokes are literally "down there". That "ass" joke and that scene in autopsy are Deadpool level.

Yes, those were okay. Ah yes, that autopsy joke, too. Argh. 

This was wonderful.  I was a little worried about the pacing in the first act but that was my favorite part. I got a little bored with the non stop action in the third act, it could've been better but it wasn't BP/WW bad at least. 

The whole cast was great. I loved Maria/Monica/Minn-Erva. Wish JLaw had a bigger role but he was a nonfactor villain because there isnt really any kind of confrontation until the very end. And even then it's still just kinda there.

I was not expecting the tesseract, Mar-Vell or the skrulls being good. I thought it'd be a both sides are evil situation but maybe that's coming next. 

So I would rank it just below IM1, on par with The First Avenger when it comes to origin solo movies. Also below Ragnarok and The Winter Soldier when it comes to solo movies. 

I absolutely love the team movies (3 Avengers, 2 Guardians and Civil War) so no competition there. 

• Like 1

Really funny that weave reached a point where you can have reactions like   

4 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

This was wonderful ... [tied for 10th best MCU]

Incidentally, “I liked that a lot, not in my top 8” is what I’m expecting my reaction to be as well.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Can I post something about what I think about Endgame solely based on the mid-credit scene?

So no one answered, DeeCee did some posts after this one and didn't say no.

I think CM will be way earlier in Endgame than a lot seem to have assumed, acc the appearance of the characters, and bcs they are still evaluating the aftermath.

If someone want to answer that, please do not forget the post about not Endgame, I do not want to start anything.

As I really really love the character I like that, more potential screen-time or her, but am also seeing the potential of her going to places to look for, search for,.... her not getting more screen-time as I am hoping for. Not to take away, I am hoping for together scenes.... and a reunification with Fury, where he reacts/behaves in a way the other have not seen him be yet.

We can continue over here, @Darth Lehnsherr. Seems like Fury could technically reappear, but in a very different capacity. Coulson likewise, though there’s baggage with the movies having not touched on his being alive at all in the past 6 years. Maria Rambeau could I suppose appear again, in a very different capacity. Talos could be part of it, but they’re trying to find somewhere far away to live, whereas the sequel will probably have Earth components again.      

The main easy ones to return seem like Goose, Yon-Rogg, maybe the Supreme Intelligence, Monica but as an adult (I think this will be a big part of it).

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

We can continue over here, @Darth Lehnsherr. Seems like Fury could technically reappear, but in a very different capacity. Coulson likewise, though there’s baggage with the movies having not touched on his being alive at all in the past 6 years. Maria Rambeau could I suppose appear again, in a very different capacity. Talos could be part of it, but they’re trying to find somewhere far away to live, whereas the sequel will probably have Earth components again.      

The main easy ones to return seem like Goose, Yon-Rogg, maybe the Supreme Intelligence, Monica but as an adult (I think this will be a big part of it).

I'm expecting a complete reset after endgame, including the resurrection of Asgard and Thor getting his hammer back.

5 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

It was just boring to me, even the action scenes. There were those that were okay, but I think they could have made it more exciting. I expected an epic space battle. I didn't get one. That's a failure on my part. It's like THOR II. Some jokes also felt flat. I could feel that even the audience I was with didn't find some of them funny. Not everything is bad, though. The visuals as usual were good, though I found some scenes 'literally' dark. The actors were great. I had thought Brie Larson was miscast, but she was actually okay. Ben Mendelsohn and Jude Law were great as well. The best part was the mid credits scene. lol

Thank you! I'm seeing it tonight so it's good to lower expectations. Really disappointed that time travel leak wasn't real.

@DeeCee Hope not. Cosmos >>>> Earth. Ragnarok soared because they ditched Earth. All cosmic parts of IW were ace while Earth, save Thor/Rocket/Groot arriving to save Wakanda and Thanos, had some meandering.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah the nice twist was that the supporting cast wasn't the Kree group she was with cause those guys were boring as hell unfortunately. But yeah as long as SJ, Ben Mendelson, Leshana Lynch and the cat that plays Goose return I'm gonna be excited for the sequel. 

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

That’s what I said. Captain Marvel 2 is more likely to be set in space with the Kree. 

That would make my son very very happy.

He very much liked the complete film (minus a few little details that take not his enjoyment away), but his most beloved part was the early part till up she crashed into earth, all where she was together with her Kree team mates, and on the Kree homeworld....

9 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

And, how do they end up finding out he's an alien? 

Chewie was my favorite character in the comics,, so yeah

Talos is the one who first says Goose is a Flerken when he goes to Maria's house and the rest of them are all confused about it since he's scared of it, then it's confirmed by Starforce later when scanning the cat, and then we see the Flerken come out when it eats the Tesseract to keep it safe in the final battle.

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I think a lot of the jokes work better if you’ve experienced the 90’s. 

Lol for sure. There was some knowing laughter again at my second showing during the CD downloading bit, and also when Carol uses the computer at the beginning. 1995 was a few years before I started using the internet myself but I could still identify with the slowness and low-techness of it all. Although pagers were never a thing anyone I knew used so they remain a bit of a mystery to me as to exactly how they work, but I did see them on tv a lot back then.

Btw I realised I got the Talos reactions mixed up, he does the silent shaking of the head when Fury asks if the turbulence they're having going into space is normal, not the cat scratch reaction. Tbh I just need a lot more Talos, can they bring him back for CM2 pretty please?

28 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

So no one answered, DeeCee did some posts after this one and didn't say no.

I think CM will be way earlier in Endgame than a lot seem to have assumed, acc the appearance of the characters, and bcs they are still evaluating the aftermath.

If someone want to answer that, please do not forget the post about not Endgame, I do not want to start anything.

As I really really love the character I like that, more potential screen-time or her, but am also seeing the potential of her going to places to look for, search for,.... her not getting more screen-time as I am hoping for. Not to take away, I am hoping for together scenes.... and a reunification with Fury, where he reacts/behaves in a way the other have not seen him be yet.

I think she'll come into Endgame pretty early as well personally, although that's just an assumption based on the end credits scene of course. It does make me wonder how they got Fury's pager, I suppose it was just recovered since it was close to his vehicle when he dropped it. Fingers crossed she's in an early enough part of the movie to get into the second Endgame trailer because that'd be epic and might also give her film a boost as well. And her meeting up with Fury again would be awesome, she looked pretty worried when she showed up at the compound, but that could also be since half the universe had turned to ash. But seeing them reunited after their awesome relationship in this film and with how much Fury has changed in the meantime would be great to see for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Btw I realised I got the Talos reactions mixed up, he does the silent shaking of the head when Fury asks if the turbulence they're having going into space is normal, not the cat scratch reaction. Tbh I just need a lot more Talos, can they bring him back for CM2 pretty please?

He reacts repeatedly without words, like the mentioned little head-shake, but also per the eyes going wider open, the head a bit back,... it was for me very funny to observe especially his body language/mimic. Body language it something many actors, directors forget too often to add or to add the 'correct' one.

CM & Fury, CM & Talos, CM & both Rambeau (curious to see the adult daughter, hopefully they find someone with charisma), CM & Mar-Vell (yeah I know) I'd like to see again.

I do hope for a CM at the Kree homeworld thing in CM 2, but as she is/was back on earth for Endgame, I also hope for a meet-up with them and maybe an inclusion of the daughter to either to train with Fury in a mix with fighting/flying or Avengers the same, but maybe they find a possibility for 'Lt. Trouble' to go with her to space too.

So maybe this time she starts in earth for a short time and goes then to the Krees, in a way the other way around like this time.

• Like 1