Eric Prime

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

So you're swearing off JP and monster movies, eh? :ph34r:

Why? I said generic blockbusters.

Theres no need for swearing off total masterpieces :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Jeremy Jahns is not a marvel or dc or any other fanboy. He cares his videos to whichever way the winds are blowing at the time. He used to be very positive about Star Wars but since the outrage mob has turned against it, he’s toned it down. He saw what was happening to CM and catered his video to that because he didn’t want to be dislike bombed. Dude is spineless

Jahns is a big puzzle for me when it comes to number of subs and views. What's with him that people really like? Maybe someone here can answer. I'm genuinely curious. I couldn't finish his reviews because of his super fast talking.

• Like 2

Just now, UserHN said:

Jahns is a big puzzle for me when it comes to number of subs and views. What's with him that people really like? Maybe someone here can answer. I'm genuinely curious. I couldn't finish his reviews because of his super fast talking.

When I originally subbed it was because I liked his enthusiasm and that the videos were short.

He is the fast food of movie criticism. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, UserHN said:

He tells the internet (or rather the minority that is extremely active) what they want to here. In his review he said the movie was clearly about feminism, which left me scratching my head after I watched it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

Grace Randolph seemed soooo disappointed that the movie made so much in opening weekend. She couldn't hide it. Lol

Its clear everything she says or does is to please her audience. She talks shit about Black Panther and everything it stands for but puts it in her best movies of 2018 list (was even in the top position at some point I think). She's a complete hack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tawasal said:

"45-60" opening weekend, "15 mil swing cause i don't know", "maybe 61" 

movie does 61.5 opening day

this should be saved in the Academy's library

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The brand power MCU has built is just insane at this point. There is probably no other franchise ever that could open this vanilla of a non-sequel blockbuster to 150+.

rogue-one-2_0.jpg?w=612

(and near Christmas too)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

There are some YouTubers I have researched out of curiosity how many videos they made about CM and it’s really staggering to see over 30 videos in a month or two in one channel just talking about how much they hate the movie and all the conspiracy theories they can conjure up. Geek + Gamers comes to mind.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Its clear everything she says or does is to please her audience. She talks shit about Black Panther and everything it stands for but puts it in her best movies of 2018 list (was even in the top position at some point I think). She's a complete hack.

Yeah. I remember her BP review. It was mixed. But then suddenly pivoted to positive BP talking points when the movie became so successful. I also can't forget that she thought IW is the TLJ of MCU. She was clearly hoping for a TLJ effect. But that did not come. The exact opposite happened. IW became so beloved within the fanbase.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

There are some YouTubers I have researched out of curiosity how many videos they made about CM and it’s really staggering to see over 30 videos in a month or two in one channel just talking about how much they hate the movie and all the conspiracy theories they can conjure up. Geek + Gamers comes to mind.

I don’t want to visit these channels mostly because it will screw up my recommendations on YouTube 

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

How did you manage to find that guy? Lol. Views are just 300+. Not worth wasting your time 😆

I just waste time finding these guys in the night when I can’t sleep. But they’re are very amusing, watching them try so hard to talk about the various imaginary scenarios where they are right after the movie has opened to 455m WW. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Ironically enough, they could have actually waited to see it and then just hit behind the movie quality itself for why they don't like it. I feel like they all clearly thought it was gonna be another BP in terms of high quality, hence why they were so triggered. 

• Like 1