CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

35 minutes ago, TheBigYawn said:

Such old news. Depp was paid and while some might still claim it was unfair, it's truly baffling if this should impact the box office in any way. 

Fairness is not the point, just that Depp has star power in Japan so removing him removes a draw for the film.

the hollywood reporter gave it a negative review, stopped reading because it was getting into plot points.  calls it 'a slog more than an event'.  that being said, it looks like overall the response is going to be solid.  this really needed reviews of 80% plus to i think come close to CoG domestic numbers, but the initial reactions are giving hope to get the rest of the series made.  I think with 450 WW, WB moves forward.  

My bet is this settles in the 65%-70% range.

15 hours ago, Noctis said:

@John Marston where are you with your incessant negativity now that the film has some positive reviews? Don't see you predicting $80m-$90m like you used to. 

Reviews seem negative to me. If fans  go back after the dog that was COG then well  I mean maybe it’s like a battered wife going back to her abusive husband