CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

I don't want a redemption arc for Queenie. Besides being basically a wizard Nazi, her inability to respect Jacob's wishes and boundaries shows that her love is abusive. 

I find it more interesting to explore how relatively nice people find their way into fascism.

Edited by LVB

6 minutes ago, LVB said:

I don't want a redemption arc for Queenie. Besides being basically a wizard Nazi, her inability to respect Jacob's wishes and boundaries shows that her love is abusive. 

I find it more interesting to explore how relatively nice people find their way into fascism.

No defense for Queenie, but she drugged Jacob for a few hours to bring him to London. But not the relationship.

1 hour ago, Noiret Jak said:

Looks pretty insane ! 

The film seems to be an adventure with a lot of actions & beasts.

Definitely does seem to be more action going on cause in the last movie there was barely any. The only action scene of note I remember was Grindelwald's escape at the beginning and then the rest of  the movie was just a lot of characters walking around and talking. 

I don't see this movie getting a 90 something percent on RT  or anything but I do see people acknowledging there's more momentum in this one compared to the previous installment which is a considerable improvement.

Edited by clockwork

18 hours ago, Noiret Jak said:

Looks pretty insane ! 

The film seems to be an adventure with a lot of actions & beasts.

Bunty seems like such a sweetheart. I know it's a great pity Waterston had long covid, but the actress who plays Bunty seems like the sweetest thing and we all know Hollywood wouldn't cast someone like her to play a big role in a blockbuster (unfortunately) so there's always that silver lining.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:23 PM, porginchina said:

Still unknown whether China's getting a different cut. With that said, so long as there's nothing too explicit and the homosexual content is kept to dialogue (no implied sex scenes, no kissing), there's no need to censor the movie for China (for instance, both Avengers: Endgame and The Rise of Skywalker played uncut in China). While there are very real limits to what can make it onto a Chinese screen, Chinese censors tend to be more tolerant/flexible than censors in countries like Singapore and Russia (although, to be fair, Russia is now a non-issue).

danmei aka boys' love its popular in china, maybe it will help box office number

4 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Kinda wanting to see this even though I heard the second film was a mess.

It was a mess. There was a plot leak a few months ago for this movie and as someone who read it I can say that this one definitely is an improvement over the 2nd movie, how much of an improvement the final product will be remains to be seen. 

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, clockwork said:

It was a mess. There was a plot leak a few months ago for this movie and as someone who read it I can say that this one definitely is an improvement over the 2nd movie, how much of an improvement the final product will be remains to be seen. 

Yes, definitely

I just wish the third action had more action (without any spoilers, of course)