CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

3 hours ago, Gazer365 said:

They definitely have been rather quiet with the promotion on this. I mean look at all the stuff they've been putting out for The Batman, WB is definitely confident in that movie whereas with this movie I think we all now by know there is trepidation surrounding it, they're not gonna over hype this one too much. We likely will be getting another trailer within the next week or two though.

I seen lots of tv spots for it during the Olympics coverage where I live

• Like 1

Everytime im reminded that this movie is coming out i remember how fast i had forgotten Crimes of Grindelwalds existence.

They screwed up big time with this series. It had so much potential, but they butchered it with too many pointless characters and subplots. What could have been a very succesfull series of movies portrying the (truly fascinating!) world of Harry Potter, what could have been an opportunity to give us new and endearing characters and storys is now ... well, a mess.

Not saying this movie will be bad. Maybe it will be good! But that wont save it from the bad box office thats incoming.

The problem with the series was mixing Grindelwald/Dumbledore into the FB series. It was clearly meant to be a trilogy of FB films first that ballooned to 5 films with the inclusion of the war.

Each should have been seperate but as someone who has read the leaks, the beasts and war subplot mix pretty well (infinitely better than CoG).

• Like 2

Yes, they're finally going to start kicking into high gear. We heard from insiders months ago that all said that WB wanted this to be a short but really strong marketing campaign. 

Two days until the trailer!!!! Can't fucking wait!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

Yes, they're finally going to start kicking into high gear. We heard from insiders months ago that all said that WB wanted this to be a short but really strong marketing campaign. 

The marketing is also going to be short to help save some money on promotion/marketing too. I don't think WB is going to be spending as much money on promotion and marketing for this movie as they've done with The Batman thus far, which already has about 3 full blown trailers and a good amount of tv spots already. 

I just hope this next trailer actually shows/explains more of the plot, which is very important for them to do considering a biggest complaint of the last movie was that people didn't really understand what the main story was. Also I hope they made a better poster that actually shows off the characters instead of just a still shot of Hogwarts and a Phoenix. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheBigYawn said:

The character posters are decent, but unremarkable. Why even bother with posters for those new characters nobody knows or cares about?

Because thats what every other movie these days does. It's not about whether you know or care about the characters, they still need to be seen on a poster. People like to know what the actor/characters in the movie will look like which is why we get so many of those redundant floating head posters people (including me) have been complaining about in recent years.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, clockwork said:

Because thats what every other movie these days does.

It's a boring trend. Must suck to be a graphic designer assigned with the task to make these posters when they are not allowed to be creative. Anyone could do these with a minimum of training. 

Edited by TheBigYawn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Has Lally been mentioned in anything else before, or is the character's brief appearance in Crimes Of Grindelwald all we know about her? The actress is amazing, I hope she has a bigger role in this movie.

The few seconds in Crimes was her first appearance.

Lally has a significant role in this film.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I'd say poor Waterston but she stood up against JK's transphobia so it's probably for the best

That's NOT the reason she's not in this film. She had long covid. Stop spreading misinformation to try and push your agenda.

• Like 2