CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

That's NOT the reason she's not in this film. She had long covid. Stop spreading misinformation to try and push your agenda.

Can you really blame them for thinking that way though?

Anyway, this is the part where I'd usually say that no one asked for this movie and it would bomb Dark Phoenix-style... But after Uncharted I'm done making sweeping statements regarding the box office. I'm still not feeling too optimistic about this movie though. But who knows at this point.

36 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It was originally set for July, but (likely because of Black Adam) it was moved up (a rarity in this day and age) to April in September of last year.

Another reason why it was moved was because Black Panther 2 at that time was scheduled to come out in July 2022 as well, and WB wisely decided to give that film a wide berth and move this film up a bit. I still think this would have been better as an October 2022 release.

8 hours ago, Noctis said:

That's NOT the reason she's not in this film. She had long covid.

Even though it's understandable, it's a great pity she is hardly in the film. It makes little sense that the character is assigned with another mission when we know that what she cares about the most is her sister, Newt and Credence. That mission of her should be crucial to the overall arc. Otherwise it would've been better if Grindelwald had kidnapped her and put her in a prison cell or something for the entire movie. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheBigYawn said:

Even though it's understandable, it's a great pity she is hardly in the film. It makes little sense that the character is assigned with another mission when we know that what she cares about the most is her sister, Newt and Credence. That mission of her should be crucial to the overall arc. Otherwise it would've been better if Grindelwald had kidnapped her and put her in a prison cell or something for the entire movie. 

I always thought that would have been one of the better conclusions for Leta in Crimes.

But yes, I always imagined Tina and Queenie to not necessarily face off, but to have intense moments together. It's such a shame long covid happened since Tina really is an anchor to Newt, Queenie, AND Credence. 

Fuck Wuhan, baby.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Noctis said:

That's NOT the reason she's not in this film. She had long covid. Stop spreading misinformation to try and push your agenda.

What “agenda“? That speaking against transphobia is an agenda? She filmed and promoted other projects during same time and ViewerAnon said she has SOME screentime 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

What “agenda“? That speaking against transphobia is an agenda? She filmed and promoted other projects during same time and ViewerAnon said she has SOME screentime 

ViewerAnon caused the rumor to start right here on this very forum. Waterston spoke out LONG after filming ended.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:21 AM, grim22 said:

The box office for this will be killed by the reaction to Crimes of Grindelwald. Depp will have nothing to do with reception or box office.

I tend to agree. I think the film will not perform well, but Depp will have little to do with it.

Problem is this franchise had had two disspaointing movies in a row, and I suspect a lot of people have given up in it at this point.

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

I tend to agree. I think the film will not perform well, but Depp will have little to do with it.

Problem is this franchise had had two disspaointing movies in a row, and I suspect a lot of people have given up in it at this point.

The first movie actually did pretty well box office wise and I've seen more who've said they liked it than those that didn't. The 2nd movie was a disappoint I agree but I don't think this film will do as bad as some people have been saying. At the very least I think this will be have a slow and steady box office run to about 400 mil worldwide. Nothing disastrous but nothing to really write home about. 

3 minutes ago, Noiret Jak said:

Maybe in the trailer Grindelwald was saying words about a war that wouldn't have looked good today, either they edit the trailer or it will come out another day.

First sneak peek had "Things that seem unimaginable today will seem inevitable tomorrow."