Porthos

Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Disney+ | Final Season Starts Feb 17 | Queen Ahsoka's Coming to Save us All

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I agree that we needed some solo Ahsoka time.

Which is why this being a single season of 12 episodes hurts, because it's a couple miscellaneous arcs, and then BOOM Siege of Mandalore time.

Agreed I think if they somehow managed to add Son of Dathomir and maybe Crystal Crisis it would have made S7 the best wrap up of the show. One clone centric arc, one Ahsoka centric arc, one villain/Sith arc and then have a classic Anakin/Obi-Wan adventure all leading to the final story in Siege of Mandalore. 

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Agreed I think if they somehow managed to add Son of Dathomir and maybe Crystal Crisis it would have made S7 the best wrap up of the show. One clone centric arc, one Ahsoka centric arc, one villain/Sith arc and then have a classic Anakin/Obi-Wan adventure all leading to the final story in Siege of Mandalore. 

In a just world we would have gotten the resolution of Ventress' character arc as well.

• Like 1

This recent episode was my least favorite in a while. The story just went around in a circle and I don't remember the last time Clone Wars did that. We got some character development for Rafa and Trace and some Ahsoka kicking ass but nothing was really accomplished here. Next episode will be better but man this one could have been cut and it would've impacted very little.

9 minutes ago, clockwork said:

This recent episode was my least favorite in a while. The story just went around in a circle and I don't remember the last time Clone Wars did that. We got some character development for Rafa and Trace and some Ahsoka kicking ass but nothing was really accomplished here. Next episode will be better but man this one could have been cut and it would've impacted very little.

But the character development is the story here.  Well that and (yet another) spotlight on how the at best aloof and at worst callous Jedi helped seal their own fate with the populace.

It was showing Ahsoka the very real consequences of war that she hadn't quite lived in yet.  It was a wake up call for her, IMO.

Sure, there might not be much air quotes plot air quotes.  But IMO the emotional story of the Martez Sisters is what this arc is all about.

(well that and the cameo of the Mandos, which makes me suspicious about it tying into Siege)

I'm not saying it was the best episode of the series.  But it was good, IMO.

Edited by Porthos

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

But the character development is the story here.  Well that and (yet another) spotlight on how the at best aloof and at worst callous Jedi helped seal their own fate with the populace.

It was showing Ahsoka the very real consequences of war that she hadn't quite lived in yet.  It was a wake up call for her, IMO.

Sure, there might not be much air quotes plot air quotes.  But IMO the emotional story of the Martez Sisters is what this arc is all about.

(well that and the cameo of the Mandos, which makes me suspicious about it tying into Siege)

I'm not saying it was the best episode of the series.  But it was good, IMO.

I agree that it did serve the story well, but I think this, like "On the Wings of Keeradaks" (another episode 3), is an episode that would be better served when watching the arc continuously instead of one episode per week. The ending of the episode feels pretty anticlimactic, although Rafa actually apologizing was a nice bit of development.

I did quite enjoy most of the episode though, it had a good balance of action and character moments and Oba Diah is another great setting. The Mando cameo was also nice and feels like its going to come into play more in the next episode.

I feel like since it was cancelled people built up TCW to this impossible standard where it was always perfectly paced and was full of "important" episodes, and nobody was ever disappointed in an episode. In reality the "slow" and "filler" episodes were always part of the show and are actually part of the reason I like it so much. Because of not having to build a single storyline, it's able to do these smaller-scale arcs that show different sides to the universe. Thos who say "Disney ruined TCW" are comparing the episodes releasing now to an untouchable memory from their childhood, and selectively editing out many parts of the show's original run. People are free to like it or not, but TCW is the same as it always was.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Menor said:

I feel like since it was cancelled people built up TCW to this impossible standard where it was always perfectly paced and was full of "important" episodes, and nobody was ever disappointed in an episode. In reality the "slow" and "filler" episodes were always part of the show and are actually part of the reason I like it so much. Because of not having to build a single storyline, it's able to do these smaller-scale arcs that show different sides to the universe. Thos who say "Disney ruined TCW" are comparing the episodes releasing now to an untouchable memory from their childhood, and selectively editing out many parts of the show's original run. People are free to like it or not, but TCW is the same as it always was.

As they say in another fandom:  The memory cheats.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Honestly this arc feels weak and this past episode felt like it was running to stand still.

It's how I feel.  I mean I love the series and even like the last 3 episodes, "filler" or not.  But yeah I'm ready for this arc to end and the show to move on.

I guess part of it that the sisters aren't all that interesting to me.  I get the line in today's show add to them but overall, it just feels like things stalled like you said.

Really fun final episode for the most part. The final scene was a bit tacked on, it felt more like an MCU post-credits scene (albeit a good one) than an ending to the arc, but I did enjoy Rafa's growth and the tension built well. Both arcs this season have slowed down in the third episode and then delivered strong fourth episodes, I wonder if these storylines really needed four full episodes. Still,

benedict cumberbatch endgame GIF

and I can't wait for Siege.

Edited by Menor

Knew some sort of tie-in to the next arc would be irresistible.  Knew it the second the Mandalorians showed up last episode.

A fun little arc overall, more character based than plot.

Now comes the main event.  Here's hoping folks haven't hyped it up so much in their heads that it pales in actual delivery.

Yeah pretty good episode that moves away from this arc.  I believe it's just 4 more episodes so let's see how they get to the finish line. 

I'm sure it will be good even if it doesn't fulfill everyone's expectations.  But I'm sure I'll enjoy it :)