Porthos

Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Disney+ | Final Season Starts Feb 17 | Queen Ahsoka's Coming to Save us All

I watched it chronologically first time and I loved it.  @Cap watched it in broadcast order and she loved it.

Probably really doesn’t matter all that much, especially with the intros bringing folks back up to speed. Just have to have a tolerance for some stories being told “out of order”.

which, hey, it’s SW, par for the course.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 75Live said:

Yep, they have a bunch of stuff for the 4th since it's star wars day and they bumped the finale up, I guess to add to it

It just got back and now it's already nearly over again 😧

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Morieris said:

It just got back and now it's already nearly over again 😧

Yeah these 12 weeks went really fast. Well fast in respect to the show.  

29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I watched it chronologically first time and I loved it.  @Cap watched it in broadcast order and she loved it.

Probably really doesn’t matter all that much, especially with the intros bringing folks back up to speed. Just have to have a tolerance for some stories being told “out of order”.

I think chronological is better purely to have "Clone Cadets" before "Rookies"

Spoiler

RIP Fives. Really glad that his sacrifice made a difference in the end. They handled the "removing the chip" aspect perfectly, I was afraid they would go the easy route of having Rex fully resist it, should have realized Filoni is way too good for that.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

I have not watched it in chronological order, but I kind of liked watching it out of order. It felt more like they were on an emotional arc then a chronological arc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Menor said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think every single clip of promotional/trailer material for this season has already been used, which would mean they haven't shown a single bit of the finale yet. I wonder what Filoni has up his sleeve.

Thats correct, most of the promotional material shown thus far only went up the maul vs ashoka fight, nothing after. I think it's a possibility we get a minor Darth Vader appearance, no contact with Ahsoka though cause that would conflict with what was shown in Star Wars: Rebels. Maybe Ahsoka meets up with Obi Wan for one last time before going into hiding? Because as far as I know Ashoka and Obi Wan never really see each other again after Clone Wars, that would be nice to see.

2 hours ago, clockwork said:

Thats correct, most of the promotional material shown thus far only went up the maul vs ashoka fight, nothing after. I think it's a possibility we get a minor Darth Vader appearance, no contact with Ahsoka though cause that would conflict with what was shown in Star Wars: Rebels. Maybe Ahsoka meets up with Obi Wan for one last time before going into hiding? Because as far as I know Ashoka and Obi Wan never really see each other again after Clone Wars, that would be nice to see.

We'll probably see Ahsoka receive Obi-Wan's message that he sent out to the other Jedi from the Jedi Temple.

• Like 3

Final episode is live “Victory and Death” 23:45 long. Let’s go everyone!

Edit: apparently it’s not up in the US yet, so maybe it’s rolling out by Timezone, which seems a bad idea on Disney’s part. 

Edited by Jamiem

15 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Final episode is live “Victory and Death” 23:45 long. Let’s go everyone!

Edit: apparently it’s not up in the US yet, so maybe it’s rolling out by Timezone, which seems a bad idea on Disney’s part. 

Dang well might stay up to 12am AEST to see if it's there or not. Previous episodes have dropped around 6pm AEST.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Dang well might stay up to 12am AEST to see if it's there or not. Previous episodes have dropped around 6pm AEST.

Yeah usually it’s 7pm NZ time so was surprised when I had a look a few moments ago, the one time not being to sleep is beneficial. 

Spoiler for final episode/episode 12 

Spoiler

Ashoka losing Maul to save Rex and then Rex saving Ashoka from plummeting to her death was some great symmetry. 

Also so I wonder when in the timeline that Vader scene of him finding Ashoka’s lightsaber is, I imagine it has to be pre their confrontation in Rebels. 

Hard to judge this episode on its own as it would be like judging a 3rd Act of a movie as an episode. I'll probably post something else about summarising Clone Wars as a whole and what it means to me for this episode it was a very satisfactory conclusion to the best Star Wars movie we've had in a long time. 

Spoiler

The final scenes with Vader (firstly he looked great in TCW animation) but it just hits differently knowing Anakin from TCW is under there. I imagine they took place a couple of years most after ROTS

Spoiler

Have to also say love how both Clone Wars and Rebels end with Ahsoka cloaked. Clear Gandalf parallels with Ahsoka in grey in TCW and Ahsoka in white in Rebels. One show ends with complete uncertainty and despair and one ends with hope for a better future.  

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

I had no idea it was up, as I didn't check this thread today.

That was a satisfying finish.  I'm sure lots and lots of folks will be commenting about a certain aspect of the finale.  But I can't be the only one who noticed

Spoiler

the convoree at the end.

Symbolism sure is symbolic, isn't it?

More thoughts later, I suspect.

• Like 2