Porthos

Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Disney+ | Final Season Starts Feb 17 | Queen Ahsoka's Coming to Save us All

Just now, Porthos said:

Spoiler

I really liked how "casual" their last encounter was. If you had no idea about what would happen after this episode I don't think you would get the impression this will be their last encounter. Underscores how real and optimistic both characters are at their core even when the war has taken a toll on them both. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

No offense, @clockwork, but the second I saw the words "Episode 11 and 12" I NOPED right out of your post. :lol: 

Might want to put that in spoiler bars, BTW, for folks who don't want to see it and aren't as fast as I am. ;)

I get what you're saying, but episode descriptions aren't really spoilers. Pretty much everybody knows whats coming anyway, we already know about the destination we're just watching for the journey. 

Edited by clockwork

4 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I get what you're saying, but episode descriptions aren't really spoilers. Pretty much everybody knows whats coming anyway, we already know about the destination we're just watching for the journey. 

I'm not entirely certain where those episode descriptions came from.  I understand they were posted over on SW Leaks, but I don't know if they were from press material or not.

Either way, I ain't reading them because there are a few things that are still up in the air over this arc (especially if things got changed from premise to execution) and I'd rather not know until it actually happens. :)

I think this arc might be some of the best Star Wars we have ever seen when it’s all said and done. Already watched the 9th episode a few times and just can’t over how great it is, so much better than the first two arcs of this season for me personally. 

• Like 1

Flashback forward to that scene in Rebels:

Spoiler

"I won't leave you. Not this time."

takes on slightly different undertones now.

Is she referring to when she walked out on the Jedi?  Or is she referring to not taking up Maul's offer/immediately booking the hell out of there to see what trouble Anakin is in? Or even both?

(could also be her feeling guilt for putting Mandalore/Maul ahead of Anakin, after all she walked out on him again to go off on this little hunt)

She doesn't believe Maul when he says that Anakin will soon fall to the dark side.  And presuming the next two episodes play out like they have been discussed, Ahsoka is gonna have a hell of a mental block to process.  

No wonder she was so reluctant to face the truth in S2 of Rebels.

===

Also depending on how the very next episode plays out, she might not even have time to follow up on this.  But she still left Anakin to go off to Mandalore.

So while it probably is still the first one (leaving the Jedi), the undertones are IMO more nuanced and flavored.

Edited by Porthos
  • Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Flashback forward to that scene in Rebels:

Hide contents

"I won't leave you. Not this time."

takes on slightly different undertones now.

Is she referring to when she walked out on the Jedi?  Or is she referring to not taking up Maul's offer/immediately booking the hell out of there to see what trouble Anakin is in? Or even both?

(could also be her feeling guilt for putting Mandalore/Maul ahead of Anakin, after all she walked out on him again to go off on this little hunt)

She doesn't believe Maul when he says that Anakin will soon fall to the dark side.  And presuming the next two episodes play out like they have been discussed, Ahsoka is gonna have a hell of a mental block to process.  

No wonder she was so reluctant to face the truth in S2 of Rebels.

===

Also depending on how the very next episode plays out, she might not even have time to follow up on this.  But she still left Anakin to go off to Mandalore.

So while it probably is still the first one (leaving the Jedi), the undertones are IMO more nuanced and flavored.

Following up on this a bit, as I refine my thoughts a bit more.

Spoiler

Even if she doesn't know it now, looking back years later she'll think she had an opportunity to be there for Anakin at his most desperate hour.  She might think "I could have done something" even if she couldn't.

This could after all get thrown out the window in the next episode if Order 66 happens RIGHT NOW. Like literally minutes later (which to be fair, is what I suspect).

But even then, "what ifs" might gnaw at her. "What if I never left the Jedi?" "What if I went with Anakin back to Coruscant?"  "What if I stuck around to talk to him before chasing after Maul, after Obi-Wan told me about him being a spy?"

Doesn't matter if logically she had no reason or time to follow up on any of these "what ifs".  It is possible that emotionally speaking, she'll feel these "what ifs" even if there was no real reason for her to act differently.

Thus:  I won't leave you (alone) this time.  "This time I'll be here for you when you need me" is undertone, unsaid.

Still is mostly first I think.  But with more flavor since she was warned that Anakin was about to fall to the dark side.

Edited by Porthos

This episode might have officially made Maul my favourite Star Wars villain of all time. I really can't think of another character like him in Star Wars heck in many other franchises. 

Also I love the sense of dread that's hanging over this arc. Clone Wars has always had a sense of dramatic irony and it's definitely never been more apparent than now especially with a certain choice Ahsoka makes in this episode.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Following up on this a bit, as I refine my thoughts a bit more.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Hopefully Ahsoka will meet Luke and have closure that Anakin died the good guy 👀. Or maybe Force Ghost Anakin appeared to her.

• Like 2