Porthos

Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Disney+ | Final Season Starts Feb 17 | Queen Ahsoka's Coming to Save us All

Well, I guess thats it then huh? I been with this show since my teenager years up until now in my early 20's, literally a part of my childhood; it's what got me into Star Wars. Although I ultimately knew these characters would survive I still felt on the edge of my seat watching this last part. This series ultimately proves that the journey has always been just as, if not more important, than the destination. Goodbye old friend, may the force be with you. 

I like the finale. Especially the ending which I wont say a lot about yet since it's still kind of early, was really done well. There were lots of little things in the episode I like. The ending did feel a little abrupt like said above but over all these last four episodes completely made up for any mistakes this season, not really saying there were any. But this is basically the third really good ending to the series.

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

It doesn't particularly matter in the grand scheme of things, but the official chronological order for TCW was updated, and The Bad Batch arc does indeed come after the Ahsoka/Trace arc:

So one last tribute to telling stories out of order, it seems.

==

As an aside, I've decided to start a complete re-watch of TCW.  It's been a few years since I've watched the thing from start to finish and I decided the gap between Mando and Bad Batch was as good as time as any to do a re-watch. 

Originally I saw them in chronological order (I caught up on the series long after it had broadcast).  This time though I'm doing it in broadcast order, just to see if it really makes all that much difference.

I personally suspect it doesn't.  Not that things aren't enhanced when viewing it in chronological order.  Just that I don't think it is that big of a difference and that the insistence that folks have to see it in chrono order is fairly overblown.   

I suppose it's not a true test as I have general memories of various things coming up.  But since it's been so long since I've seen some of the episodes, they'll still be fairly fresh in my mind when I see them.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

It doesn't particularly matter in the grand scheme of things, but the official chronological order for TCW was updated, and The Bad Batch arc does indeed come after the Ahsoka/Trace arc:

So one last tribute to telling stories out of order, it seems.

==

As an aside, I've decided to start a complete re-watch of TCW.  It's been a few years since I've watched the thing from start to finish and I decided the gap between Mando and Bad Batch was as good as time as any to do a re-watch. 

Originally I saw them in chronological order (I caught up on the series long after it had broadcast).  This time though I'm doing it in broadcast order, just to see if it really makes all that much difference.

I personally suspect it doesn't.  Not that things aren't enhanced when viewing it in chronological order.  Just that I don't think it is that big of a difference and that the insistence that folks have to see it in chrono order is fairly overblown.   

I suppose it's not a true test as I have general memories of various things coming up.  But since it's been so long since I've seen some of the episodes, they'll still be fairly fresh in my mind when I see them.

I watched in broadcast order on Netflix originally, did chronological in my rewatch last January. I don't think it makes a huge difference and both orders have their trade-offs. The movie feels like a more natural starting point than "Cat and Mouse", but at the same time chronological allows for some interesting arcs to be put together ("Supply Lines" and "Ambush" for one). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

I watched in broadcast order on Netflix originally, did chronological in my rewatch last January. I don't think it makes a huge difference and both orders have their trade-offs. The movie feels like a more natural starting point than "Cat and Mouse", but at the same time chronological allows for some interesting arcs to be put together ("Supply Lines" and "Ambush" for one). 

Mostly I am looking at the utility of going through the hassle for casual fans.  Maybe if D+ had an easy to navigate chronological order viewing option I would have some different throughts on the matter (though that list with links over at starwars.com is a good first step that I wasn't aware of until a couple days ago).

The clarity of story arcs is a good point.  But I'm also curious to see if the emotional arcs, due to production and nailing down character motivations/progressions, play a bit differently when viewed in broadcast order. Probably not a huge change, but it is something I'm looking at.  That and technical expertise in telling stories increasing as they had more assets and got more familiar with the style of story being told.

If I'm 100 percent honest with myself, a decent part of it is getting slightly annoyed at LOUD VOICES saying that new viewers "must" view TCW in chronological order to get a decent full experience so I want to see just how true that actually is.

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Mostly I am looking at the utility of going through the hassle for casual fans.  Maybe if D+ had an easy to navigate chronological order viewing option I would have some different throughts on the matter (though that list with links over at starwars.com is a good first step that I wasn't aware of until a couple days ago).

The clarity of story arcs is a good point.  But I'm also curious to see if the emotional arcs, due to production and nailing down character motivations/progressions, play a bit differently when viewed in broadcast order. Probably not a huge change, but it is something I'm looking at.  That and technical expertise in telling stories increasing as they had more assets and got more familiar with the style of story being told.

If I'm 100 percent honest with myself, a decent part of it is getting slightly annoyed at LOUD VOICES saying that new viewers "must" view TCW in chronological order to get a decent full experience so I want to see just how true that actually is.

The biggest difference I can see is viewing "Clone Cadets" before/after "Rookies". It plays differently for sure. Most of the other out-of-order stuff doesn't make a big difference either way in my experience. 

• Like 1