charlie Jatinder

Tuesday Numbers - Early Estimates

Captain Marvel

April 12-18 - 12.5m(390)

April 19-25 - 10m (400)

April 26-1 - 8.5m (408.5)

May 2-8- 5.75m (414.25)

May 8-14 - 3.25m (417.5)

Then a tail leading to $421-422mn. That's $20mn more than what I was thinking was ceiling a few weeks ago. Great late legs.

If it somehow manage $710mn in Overseas, currently expecting $700-703mn, it will be close to beating Aquaman, without including Ticket booking charges in China.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I didn't said anything for Shazam.:ph34r:

He's referring to the post right below your initial post, box office report's estimate for next weekend. While Shazam has an expected strong hold, CM's hold on their prediction is incredible. We shall see but I agree with you it's very possible it's 400 before the open of End Game. It's hype continues to help CM as it should.

5 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So basically Cap Marvel may go as high as $7.5mn for next weekend. Basically shall hit $400mn before release of Endgame. 

Plus it could perform like Black Panther and only fall -4% the weekend Endgame comes out.  

Disney can use the “double features”. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Plus it could perform like Black Panther and only fall -4% the weekend Endgame comes out.  

Disney can use the “double features”. 

All double features I've seen so far worldwide, as far as already listed, seem to be Avengers 3 + 4 combinations

Just now, terrestrial said:

All double features I've seen so far worldwide, as far as already listed, seem to be Avengers 3 + 4 combinations

Will that count as a re-release of IW and thus apply to it's BO run? (I guess not, but one can hope IW surpasses TFA due to this :D )

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

That’s ok, A Wrinkle in Time also increased +34% the weekend Infinity War opened despite losing half its cinemas. 

So that weekend IW opened, Black Panther fell just 4% and AWIT actually increased. 

I’m sure Disney will send some of the money CM’s way next weekend.