chasmmi

The Summer Game QOTW thread is go!! Answer this every week.

Not quite an SOTM, but also not quite a preseason and it runs every week. 

It is one thread. One question per week and a simple Yes/No or Over/Under question. 

e.g. Pikachu makes $100M in its 5th weekend Over / Under?

Players post in this thread their prediction and the thread is locked over the weekend. 

1 question per week for every week of the game

Correct answer is 20,000 points (Cumulates)

Incorrect answer cashes you out at half the points won over the player's current answer streak

Cash Out cashes you out at full points won

THERE ARE NO PASSES ANYMORE. FAILURE TO ANSWER FOR A WEEK IS AN AUTOMATIC CASHOUT WITH A 20% TAX REMOVED FROM PRIZE POOL (Rounded up to the nearest 1000 points).

After cashing out, players are automatically reentered into the next question, but the points per question is reduced as follows:

After first reentry - 15,000 points

After Second reentry - 10,000 points

After Third Reentry - 5,000 points

After forth Reentry - 3,000 points is the lowest limit.

BONUSES:

- 0 Cashouts = 300k

- 1 Cashout = 250k

- 2 Cashouts = 200k

- 3 Cashouts = 150k

- 4 or more Cashouts = 0

HOWEVER Incorrect answers modify the bonus as follows :-

0 Incorrect answers = 100% of bonus (as per above)

1 Incorrect answer = 75% of bonus scored

2 Incorrect answers = 50% of bonus scored

3 Incorrect answer = 25% of bonus scored

4 or more Incorrect answers = 0 bonus

If you can master the whole summer and complete everything with zero Cashouts AND zero mistakes you get 400k 

So it's not about the # of correct answers it's all about how many cashouts and how many mistakes you make.  (Cashouts = posted cashout for a week, or failing to answer a week.)

• Like 1

Week 1: April 26th Weekend: - Will Avengers Endgame make more than $300M OW?

Week 2: May 3rd Weekend: - Will Avengers Endgame drop more than 56.5%?

Week 3: May 10th Weekend: - Will Detective Pikachu make more than Endgame's 2nd Weekend total?

Week 4: May 17th Weekend: - Will John Wick's Saturday gross be higher than any other new entry's 3 day gross?

Week 5: May 24th Weekend: - Will Aladdin open to within 20% of Pikachu's Ow Weekend total in either direction?

Week 6: May 31st Weekend: - Will Godzilla dn Rocketman's combined OW total be higher than Aladdin's OW?

Week 7: June 7th Weekend: - Will SLOP 2 manage to double Dark Phoenix's OW?

Week 8: June 14th Weekend: - Will MIB International Open in 1st place?

Week 9: June 21st Weekend: - Will Child's Play make more than 37.5% of its OW gross on Friday?

Week 10: June 28th Weekend: - Will Annabelle's weekend total be closer in dollars to Toy Story or Child's Play?

Week 11: July 5th Weekend: - Will Endgame drop more than 40%

Week 12: July 12th Weekend: - Will Stuber drop more than 25% on Sunday?

Week 13: July 19th Weekend: - Will Lion King open to more than $200M?

Week 14: July 26th Weekend: - Will Once Upon a Time in Hollywood drop more than 12% on Saturday?

Week 15: August 2nd Weekend: - Will Hobbs and Shaw make less than 22.5% Of its weekend total on Sunday?

Week 16: August 9th Weekend: - Will Kitchen open above Scary Stories?

Week 17: August 16th Weekend: - Will dora drop more than 36.5%?

Week 18: August 23rd Weekend: - Will ANgel has fallen open in first place?

Week 19: August 30th Weekend: - Will top 3 from last week remain in that order?

Week 20: September 6th Weekend: - Will It: Chapter 2 make the top 10 of the Domestic Table from its opening weekend?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

@chasmmi

Chas - so i understand the scoring system here.

Incorrect Answers count as Cashouts or not (in the context of the number of Cashouts) - just clarifying so this is scored correctly

OK, bear with me... 

For the running cumulative totals, an incorrect answer cashes the player out for half of what they have earned and they are back to zero and on the lower prize point. 

For bonuses, an incorrect answer is NOT tallied as a cashout, but as an incorrect answer. 

Does that make sense. It does in my head, but my head is a dark and scary place that most souls do not understand. 

1 hour ago, chasmmi said:

OK, bear with me... 

For the running cumulative totals, an incorrect answer cashes the player out for half of what they have earned and they are back to zero and on the lower prize point. 

For bonuses, an incorrect answer is NOT tallied as a cashout, but as an incorrect answer. 

Does that make sense. It does in my head, but my head is a dark and scary place that most souls do not understand. 

ok that makes life simpler! :D  will update my spreadsheet accordingly.

• Like 1