charlie Jatinder

Thursday Numbers - (5/16)

Go see John Wick 3. I don't care if you like it or not, really, I just want to make sure we get a John Wick 4 and since it isn't officially green lit, well, gotta see some box office results :P 

I really enjoyed 3, though. I love them all!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

At this moment, Avatar ain't locked. I am seeing a probable finish of $2.775 Billion and that can go lower as I am being optimistic a bit. 

However, all it needs is one weekend to correct the course. So let's hope this is that weekend and we have sub 50% drop this weekend internationally and Domestically.

still disney could probably push it past avatar if it is that close, either way pass avatar or not endgame already passed even the most optimistic expactations

48 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

At this moment, Avatar ain't locked. I am seeing a probable finish of $2.775 Billion and that can go lower as I am being optimistic a bit, but all it needs is one weekend to correct the course.

If it gets around $2750b, Disney will push it. Yes they own Avatar, but having Endgame to top it kind of feels like a no brainer at this point. I’m not worried about getting there.

Btw, @baumer @a2k EDIT: Nevermind

I know that you usually don’t go through the international bo threads, but correct me if I’m wrong here:

BOM updated the OS numbers yesterday, 05/15: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel2019.htm

There are no breakdown of the numbers tho. Am I crazy for thinking these numbers often come incomplete, only to get updated with actuals usually by mondays? We know for sure that China numbers at the very least aren’t there, for example.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

If it gets around $2750b, Disney will push it. Yes they own Avatar, but having Endgame to top it kind of feels like a no brainer at this point. I’m not worried about getting there.

Btw, @baumer @a2k

I know that you usually don’t go through the international bo threads, but correct me if I’m wrong here:

BOM updated the OS numbers yesterday, 05/15: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel2019.htm

There are no breakdown of the numbers tho. Am I crazy for thinking these numbers often come incomplete, only to get updated with actuals? We know for sure that China numbers at the very least aren’t there, for example.

BOM update includes China. Basically, the movie will end Thursday with 1.800B OS.

35 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

BOM update includes China. Basically, the movie will end Thursday with 1.800B OS.

Thanks for breaking the weekdays numbers for me, mate!

Edited by ZattMurdock

27 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

At this moment, Avatar ain't locked. I am seeing a probable finish of $2.775 Billion and that can go lower as I am being optimistic a bit. 

However, all it needs is one weekend to correct the course. So let's hope this is that weekend and we have sub 50% drop this weekend internationally and Domestically.

I think ~ 50% for both is enough. 30M DOM and 41M OS.

850M DOM + 637M China + 1.300B OS-China = 2.787B already

Which markets do you see coming lower?

1 hour ago, Juby said:

Ha! So I was right on Monday, that Endgame will have smaller Wednesday and Thursday than Infinity War had. B)

Ooh I didn’t realise that. 

26 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Go see John Wick 3. I don't care if you like it or not, really, I just want to make sure we get a John Wick 4 and since it isn't officially green lit, well, gotta see some box office results :P 

I really enjoyed 3, though. I love them all!

I’m going tomorrow lol. 

I thought they planned just to leave it as a trilogy though? 

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

OS-C around 1280mn.

Hm, i thought it is trending on par with IW. It'll be at 1.185M by Thursday, probably add 40M through the weekend to touch 1.225B. Infinity War added a raw amount of 73M after its 4th OS-China weekend. That takes it close to 1.300B.

Do you see this weekend coming in lower?

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Actuals

AEG 3.4

PDP 2.7

Hustle 0.795

Poms 0.49

Glad that the numbers stayed leveled with the estimates. Holding out hopes for sub-50% weekends for both Endgame and Pikachu, even in the wake of Wick.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Actuals

AEG 3.4

PDP 2.7

Hustle 0.795

Poms 0.49

Amazing that it was able to hold to $3.4m. If it’s over / under IW’s $3.4m at same period of time it’s splitting hairs at this point. I do expect this dom weekend to start holding better, especially because this year we don’t have something like Deadpool 2 against it, plus I think Canada has a holiday next Monday so that could help soft the blow of the Sunday somewhat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The best case for weekend IMO

I was running some comps with IW and I actually think that $7.6-7.8m Fri would be the best case scenarios. Around 54-51% drops from last Fri.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I just realised that Endgame had bigger drop last weekend in Canada than US. Of what I noticed, Canada has better legs than US. Reason IMO being Ryan Reynolds in Pikachu.

Ha :hahaha:

Nice trivia

Edited by ZattMurdock