charlie Jatinder

Thursday Numbers - (5/16)

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Go see John Wick 3. I don't care if you like it or not, really, I just want to make sure we get a John Wick 4 and since it isn't officially green lit, well, gotta see some box office results :P 

I really enjoyed 3, though. I love them all!

Don't think you have anything to worry about. This will easily make more than 2. Might even double it. And, well, 2 got this sequel.

2 minutes ago, Juby said:

It would mean that Avengers will not get to $850 mln domestic.

i don´t see it at this moment. I see this weekend under 30 and final between 825-840.

i think tomorrow bump and saturday will be smaller than IW.

Edited by setna

3 hours ago, baumer said:

Seeing Me Wick in about 6 hours.

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The very best reasoning I would give is EG have better Saturday bumps than IW so far and IW bumped 75% so I won't be surprised with that.

Even 2019 on whole has big Saturday bumps.

Yeah this. Also was looking for the high-end case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I just realised that Endgame had bigger drop last weekend in Canada than US. Of what I noticed, Canada has better legs than US. Reason IMO being Ryan Reynolds in Pikachu.

If I'm not mistaken endgame set the opening weekend record here as well. So to see it a little bit quicker than expected, is actually kind of expected.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

If I'm not mistaken endgame set the opening weekend record here as well. So to see it a little bit quicker than expected, is actually kind of expected.

Endgame was also over the TFA record on its second weekend in Canada. Jatinder's theory about Reynolds kinda makes sense.

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I just realised that Endgame had bigger drop last weekend in Canada than US. Of what I noticed, Canada has better legs than US. Reason IMO being Ryan Reynolds in Pikachu.

Since you brought up the strength of Endgame in Canada, it should be noted that this Monday is a holiday in Canada. Everyone will be off work/school, and thus Sunday should act more like a Saturday for us. It could make a small difference on the overall Sunday hold for North America. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Actuals

AEG 3.4

PDP 2.7

Hustle 0.795

Poms 0.49

So, the week has another 54% week-over-week drop...all week, the drops were 54-56%, so next week, hopefully, we'll see them drop week-over-week into the mid-40's for the week:)...

I think it’s worth being repeated, Endgame’s shorter legs likely have more to do with it burning off demand much more quickly because of how everyone wanted to see it in the first week with no spoilers.

At this point the majority of the people who wanted to see Endgame would have seen it.

33 minutes ago, baumer said:

It’s definitely front loaded, maybe even more than expected.

Here in the UK it’s overall multiplier will be a 2.1x at best 

If it's actually 3.4 people are looking at the IW comparison for Thursday wrong. That's a 10.3% drop. IW dropped 17.9% and faced a monster the next 3 days.

Hopefully it doesn't go lower to 3.3. we shall see. With 3.4 I'm I'd say very high likelyhood of 30 or close to it.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I think it’s worth being repeated, Endgame’s shorter legs likely have more to do with it burning off demand much more quickly because of how everyone wanted to see it in the first week with no spoilers.

At this point the majority of the people who wanted to see Endgame would have seen it.

you can beat this to death till next avengers movie releases and we will still be discussion the "short legs" of Endgame.