Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Well its hard to tell...Based on entertainment I give Avengers a 10Based on comparison to all films ever made in terms of story and such a 7.5meaning around 8.5/10.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Still seeing reports of people who have yet to see it.Sadly...I don't see any status about Nick Fury! (Okay I don't about Hawkeye either but Nick Fury sounded more funny)

No.. Above average would be about 7 to 7.5, not 6.5.. For a movie this good with all the right ingriedients, 6.5 is just too low and it really is..

5 is average for me. Plus I not a huge action guy if read my review I list the positives and negatives. I think more blockbusters should be like Avengers.

Waverly Palace Theater11:30 PM showingAvengers 3DTrailersThe Hobbit-best reaction a few clapsAmazing Spider Man decent reaction chatter (the old trailerFrankenweenie some chatteroverall I liked it it could been better but Avengers is better than most blockbusters6.5/10

Interesting low review. I'd give that score to "The Hunger Games" - it was kind of interesting, but not really my thing. However, I loved "Avengers". I wasn't crazy about IM2, "Thor" or "Captain America" movies - I'd give them around that score too (maybe a notch higher), but Avengers was just brilliant. My friend, who really doesn't enjoy superhero movies much, LOVED this film. Still, this is your opinion and it's valid. Sorry you didn't like it that much.

Interesting low review. I'd give that score to "The Hunger Games" - it was kind of interesting, but not really my thing. However, I loved "Avengers". I wasn't crazy about IM2, "Thor" or "Captain America" movies - I'd give them around that score too (maybe a notch higher), but Avengers was just brilliant. My friend, who really doesn't enjoy superhero movies much, LOVED this film.Still, this is your opinion and it's valid. Sorry you didn't like it that much.

I am not action person and it is better than most action films.

I am not action person and it is better than most action films.

I fully get that. That's why I gave the example from my friend. Action movies are fine, but he's not into superhero movies. Yet several days later, he was still raving about this film. Based on what you wrote, it seems you gave it the highest rating you could - for an action film. :)And, as I wrote, I felt the same about "Hunger Games". Something was missing from that movie - not sure what. But it didn't really leave me "hungry" for more (sorry, bad pun).Edited to apologize for slightly deviating from the thread's topic. Can't wait to read more crowd reports. I'm curious if a $100M second weekend is possible. Edited by doctoru2

Avengers 3D10:15pm, 30 people in a 500seater (very warm evening, party night everywhere - the street cafes were packed)Trailers:Rock of Ages (I'll skip that though I have to admit I like Cruise going over-the-top)The Amazing Spider-Man (I'll skip that too if reviews are not excellent - doesn't look new or interesting)Men in Black III (Boring trailer, sad)The film:Review in reviews thread. We had to watch it in 3D since there is no 2D option. The 3D was not bad apart from some of the chase scenes between skycrapers which looked like toy battles. Still, I despise fake 3D but my ladyfriend wanted to see Avengers so here you go ... entertaining film; I liked it and some scenes were really fun, but she told me she liked the single-hero films better, especially Thor and Iron Man. The Hulk was everybody's darling, his scenes got the best audience reactions.

I saw The Avengers again on Friday at 7:40 and Dark Shadows today at noon.Avengers- 7:40 showing in Ultra AVX 3D (used my Scene points so it was free, otherwise ticket price is $17.99)- SOLD OUTtrailersBattleship- Some reaction from some of the younger guys. I'm guessing they are Transformers core audience.TDKR- Much bigger reaction across the boardFrankenweenie- I liked it, there was some reaction.The movie- Crowd reaction was overwhelmingly positive, again. Lots of laughs during the movie. I wonder what % were repeat viewers as more than half the crowd stayed until the 2nd bonus scene played, probably less than 20% stayed that long on opening night.Dark Shadows- Noon showing, maybe 20% fullTrailers (only caught the last 2)Paranorman- Not bad, heard a little chatter.Gangster Squad- I was surprised to see this one, it looks even better on the big screen. Even with such a small crowd I could hear some comments. Definite interest.The movie- It wasn't "bad", but there was very little especially good about it either. It was pretty quiet both during the movie and just after it ended. I guess the best description of the crowds reaction would be "muted"

• Like 1

MEGAPLEX 72pm , 97%full!THE AVENGERS 2D A++ entertainment these guys really just mesh well together!!! a pleasure to watchi missed the trailers but not beginning of the movie, lines were long for popcorn and drinks i swear they do it on purpose like seriously open another cash machine pfffhad to look a bit for a seat closer to the front than the back it was already quite full, there were so many kids and i mean like under 12 , i heard a baby crying in the back , i then found a seat next to a family with little children and a toddler who was babbling for first 5 mn while her mom was munching on popcorn right in my ear!!!i thought i'd go crazy so i waited for a day scene in the film to get up and change seat found one 3 rows under the screen so spent the rest of movie straining my neck upwards but at least i could concentrate on the screen!movie was great, i'm amazed at the repeat value of the movie like i got pulled into the story from the beginning as if i hadnt seen it already , everyone laughed at the same things as first viewing ex : the adopted line, flying monkeys and of course like a homerun knocked out of the park HULK and LOKI drawed the biggest laughs THAT scene really is GOLD!!! :lol:i feel like there were a few people who had already seen it , coz just before a certain scene you'd hear someone say check that out to a friend who clearly hadnt seen it yet!THE BAD NEWS: my theatre has raised their ticket price from 6.75$ to 7.25$ :o i'm revolted as of may 2nd but i didnt notice because last time i went i paid the 3D price of 8.75$, i'll be thinking real hard about going to see a movie now and for sure no more repeat business for me unless its twilight (price will never be an obstacle between me and edward :wub:-_- !!!) and summer has just started evil people :angry:

• Like 1

Avengers3:30 showing. Mother's Day 3D 70% fullShowed up kinda late for the 3:00pm showing in 2D and discovered it was sold out. ...So had to settle for 3D. :( At least the ticket is cheap at my theater ($7.50). I hate 3D so I can't really give an unbiased opinion on it here.Trailers:Spider-ManBatmanExpendables 2BraveAudience didn't react to any trailers. Less comic fans in this showing I think. Lots of families. More people stayed for the after-credits stuff than at the Midnight showing last week...weird. Most seemed to miss some of the early jokes about "flying monkeys" and "Gallaga".

Edited by Harpospoke
  • Like 1

When you say TDKR got a much bigger reaction, please tell me this isn't one of those deals where people say "The audience got all quiet when TDKR came on like they should" meaning, just because an audience is silent during a trailer doesn't mean it's receiving any better reaction than it did before.. I think people are lying about this and are saying this just to make sure that interest in BATMAN 3 isn't waning in favor of another movie coming along and beating it, meaning TA.. I've seen TA 3 times now and every time they show TDKR, it doesn't exactly light up the audience in cheers and whatnot andn that's not lying either.. It's true..

When you have a crowd of 410 people the reaction isn't going to be "silence". For Battleship I heard a few positive comments, but they were clearly coming from younger guys. For Batman it was more like people saying "I'll be seeing this", they didn't start cheering or give a spontaneous standing ovation. The comments seemed to come from all around me and loud enough to hear so I'd say that interest was high. Then again, it's Batman so it could easily be them reacting to just that rather than that specific trailer.
  • Like 1

Battleship13:30Cuiaba - MT - Brazil160 seats, 35% full$5.67 promotional price of monday (the half price for students)No trailersIt is a very entertaining movie, It's all which TF2 and TF3 couldn't be. the strategically-action is very good and the cast is good (at least compared to TF movies), the scenes are beautifully shot which providing tension in some scenes.Bad performerces (Liam Neeson) and cheesy dialogue, the soundtrack isn't good enough7.5 - B2012 John Carter 8.5 B+American Reunion 8.0 B+ Project X 8.0 B+The Hunger Games 8.0 BBattleShip 7.5 BThe Avengers 7.5 BChronicle 7.0 B-21Jump Street 6.5 C+The Woman in Black 6.0 C+Titas 2 5.0 CLorax 4.0 DGhost Rider 2 3.0 FThe Devil Inside 1.0 F

Edited by Goffe Rises

MEGAPLEX 72pm , 97%full!THE AVENGERS 2D A++ entertainment these guys really just mesh well together!!! a pleasure to watchi missed the trailers but not beginning of the movie, lines were long for popcorn and drinks i swear they do it on purpose like seriously open another cash machine pfffhad to look a bit for a seat closer to the front than the back it was already quite full, there were so many kids and i mean like under 12 , i heard a baby crying in the back , i then found a seat next to a family with little children and a toddler who was babbling for first 5 mn while her mom was munching on popcorn right in my ear!!!i thought i'd go crazy so i waited for a day scene in the film to get up and change seat found one 3 rows under the screen so spent the rest of movie straining my neck upwards but at least i could concentrate on the screen!movie was great, i'm amazed at the repeat value of the movie like i got pulled into the story from the beginning as if i hadnt seen it already , everyone laughed at the same things as first viewing ex : the adopted line, flying monkeys and of course like a homerun knocked out of the park HULK and LOKI drawed the biggest laughs THAT scene really is GOLD!!! :lol:i feel like there were a few people who had already seen it , coz just before a certain scene you'd hear someone say check that out to a friend who clearly hadnt seen it yet!THE BAD NEWS: my theatre has raised their ticket price from 6.75$ to 7.25$ :o i'm revolted as of may 2nd but i didnt notice because last time i went i paid the 3D price of 8.75$, i'll be thinking real hard about going to see a movie now and for sure no more repeat business for me unless its twilight (price will never be an obstacle between me and edward :wub:-_- !!!) and summer has just started evil people :angry:

I live in Southern California $7.25 isn't that bad, and its only a $.50 increase. For me to pay that price, I would have to go matinee.
  • Like 1

Posted Image

The Dictator

7:15PM Wednesday, May 16th

AMC Boston Common 19 & Lie-MAX

Theater Capacity: ~250 (98% full; nearly all seats full, people all ages over 17, and mostly male audience)

Ticket Price: $11.50

Concessions: Blue Rasbery ICEE, $0 (Stubs reward points)

TRAILERS:

Seeking a Friend For the End of the World - the movie looks great, got some talking from the audience.

The Campaign - this got belly laughs from the audience, definitely one of the better reactions I've seen for a comedy trailer.

Ted - Mark Wahlberg recorded a special AMC announcement before the trailer laden with offensive curse words before laying an innocent, charming smile--this got a wonderful reception from the audience. The R-rated trailer was hilarious and got the best reaction from the crowd, one guy even clapped, and there was lots of talking that ensued.

That's My Boy - this looks silly (Happy Madison, big surprise) and got the weakest reaction.

Anchorman: The Legend Continues - this was a fun teaser, got some talking from the audience.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - same 'ole trailer, lots of talking from the audience.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation - I think this is one solid trailer, and I may even be one of the few people who saw/enjoyed Rise of Cobra. I'm getting a bad vibe from everyone else, though, because there was no discernible reaction for this from the crowd. :(

THE FILM:

The Dictator plays a lot like an over-offensive, contemporary, politically-charged version of Eddie Murphy's far superior Coming to America. I'll be honest: I laughed my butt off at several of the scenes in this picture, but a good chunk of the offensive humor also was lost on the audience and felt more "Happy Madison" than "Ali G" (if anyone understands the difference). Nobody sells satire today quite as memorably as Sasha Baron Cohen and like BORAT & Brüno before it, The Dictator takes some moments to identify several imperfections within American politics & culture. Still, I felt a little let down story-wise with some careless plot inconsistencies and juvenile situational humor. I was pretty sure Anna Faris was finished playing low brow Scary Movie-type roles, but The Dictator proved me wrong.

My critiques aside, the audience really dug up the film. I was concerned about how offensive some of this material would be to diverse audiences like this one--I'm talking epic South Park episode offensive--but everyone seemed to love it. The black couple sitting in front of me were hyperventilating during several offensive remarks during a black man's funeral. The Asian college student sitting to my left slapped his knee at the countless outrageous jokes disrespectfully directed toward Chinese people throughout the film. And even I smirked (shamefully) at some anti-semetic remarks that made their way in the film, too. Whatever--The Dictator is exactly the movie you're expecting it to be. So if it's the kind of film that's on your radar, than I'm sure you're going to love it. And believe me, the experience is enriched by a large crowd like this one; go see this in theaters if you're going to see it at all.

Experience - 27/30

Story/Writing - 12/20

Acting - 6/15

Tech Specs (Cinematography, Editing, Effects) - 8/15

Direction - 7/10

Music - 7/10

THE VERDICT: 67/100, C