TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

How does beginning of May not count as summer... when it kicks off the summer movie season? lol

In the movie industry, a lot of people consider it to start May 1. IRL though, most people consider Memorial Day Weekend to be the real start of summer (i.e when schools are all out.)

May is officially summer for record keeping purposes but Menor is correct that it makes no sense to lump in for leg comparisons since you don’t get the school vacation weekdays that define “summer legs.” 

• Like 3

Just now, Legion and Thunder said:

May is officially summer for record keeping purposes but Menor is correct that it makes no sense to lump in for leg comparisons since you don’t get the school vacation weekdays that define “summer legs.” 

They're made up for on weekend, no?

Either way, I'd still have this at 2.6ish

10 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

They're made up for on weekend, no?

Either way, I'd still have this at 2.6ish

No, not really. I mean to some extent yeah, weekends in summer are weaker since some demand gets diffused, but that itself helps legs as calculated by total/weekend. I feel like there’s also just more total weekly business in summer, but that is tricky to calculate since you often get more product or more appealing product. Total/Oweek shouldn’t show much difference between May and July.   

I agree with 2.6ish though. Expecting similar true FSS legs as SMH FFH but from a more preview heavy OW will drive the raw multi down.

Edited by Legion and Thunder
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

119 minutes per AMC

Honestly that would be good, most movies don't need to be 180 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Not even 120 Minutes?

Must be a bad movie then. Good movies need more than 120 min runtime.

And a children movie on top of that - utterly awful xD🤣

• Like 1

Pacing is much more important than running time. Well paced long movie is a breeze and poorly paced short movie is a chore. That said, Ragnarok was well paced so no reason to expect otherwise. :) Tomorrow is the day no? For tickets?

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, Claudio said:

Anyone know if there'll be some LGBT scene in this or any rumor about it that could cause some 'complicated' release problem in conservative countries like middle east or Asia?

Pretty likely

• Sad 1