TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

3 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

7 months isn't a while and we definitely had more than a few people saying that for NWH.

When Phase 3 films got those reactions, they were actually great movie. NWH is trash. I only tolerate NWH because gimmick was done well and it did give good BO tracking time.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

When Phase 3 films got those reactions, they were actually great movie. NWH is trash. I only tolerate NWH because gimmick was done well and it did give good BO tracking time.

Phase 3 was an incredible creative streak for Marvel though, like they really seemed like they couldn't miss. What I'm worried about for Phase 4 is it feels rather aimless and hit/miss now. Eternals was their only big miss, but even something like Dr. Strange 2, had it been made in Phase 3, would've probably been like a Winter Soldier situation that one upped the first. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

Phase 3 was an incredible creative streak for Marvel though, like they really seemed like they couldn't miss. What I'm worried about for Phase 4 is it feels rather aimless and hit/miss now. Eternals was their only big miss, but even something like Dr. Strange 2, had it been made in Phase 3, would've probably been like a Winter Soldier situation that one upped the first. 

Meanwhile there is phase 2 when it was either a hit or a miss, people act as if phase 3 was always the rule.

We got hit back to back to "dissapointing" Iron man 3 and Dark World, then recovered with Winter Soldier and Guardians and then another "dissapointing" Avengers movies, to end with a just good movie with Ant-man.

And MCU was totally fine, I feel everyone brings extra worry every single project now.

Edited by Fox20
  • Like 10

55 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

But all you said was you want those reactions. I didn't see any wish about the quality of the movie in there. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

I said this once, there wasn´t ´´best movie ever´´ kind of reactions anymore, with a few exceptions obviously 

This kind of superlative thoughts became a huge joke back in the day and nobody wants to be seen this way, both Shang Chi and NWH get top tier MCU reviews and none was treated with overpraise in reactions generally speaking

Edited by ThomasNicole

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Almost entirely positive. Only one not so positive one I saw

Saw a couple of other meh ones, but mostly saying they didn't like it as much as Ragnarok. I have kinda been expecting a bit weaker reviews than Ragnarok anyway, so everything seems as expected for now. 

Yeah, almost all are very good 

There was a couple reactions that didn't liked as much as Ragnarok, but still give it some big compliments 

And honestly, i think i only saw 1 which didn't liked it so far 

Obviously way way better than Eternals / DS2 reactions, seems considerable more excited than Black Widow reactions as well. 

Seems like 85-90% is the reasonable expectation so far, it won't cause any meltdowns. Now what it really matters out of it, let's hope presales get a good bump.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah, almost all are very good 

There was a couple reactions that didn't liked as much as Ragnarok, but still give it some big compliments 

And honestly, i think i only saw 1 which didn't liked it so far 

Obviously way way better than Eternals / DS2 reactions, seems considerable more excited than Black Widow reactions as well. 

Seems like 85-90% is the reasonable expectation so far, it won't cause any meltdowns. Now what it really matters out of it, let's hope presales get a good bump.

Eternals also got over the top positive early reactions

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/eternals-first-reactions-an-ambitious-visually-stunning-epic-full-of-surprises/

im sure Thor 4 will be a lot better but early reactions always seem to read the exact same 

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/eternals-first-reactions-an-ambitious-visually-stunning-epic-full-of-surprises/

im sure Thor 4 will be a lot better but early reactions always seem to read the exact same 

No, it didn't. RT just gets some small portions of the tweets without much context to make their article.

You can go back to Eternals thread, it was a mess, lots of meltdowns, and i think nobody was expecting a rotten, but the overall feeling is that it was gonna be low tier reception for sure.

12 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yeah that's why I check some specific people who tend to be more open to saying that they didn't like something (i.e. Matt Neglia, Scott Menzel) and all liked it significantly more than Eternals/MoM/BW though not necessarily as glowing as NWH/Shang-Chi. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

24 minutes ago, John Marston said:

No it wasn't. Even the MCU usual shills were coming out with some..."it's not the best MCU movie, but it's good" tweets with some outright not liking it. Which was already a bad sign.