TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

These reactions are positive but not that positive . Consensus I'm getting that it's good but not as good as ragnarok.

a good number say it’s their favorite Thor movie and a few say it’s not as good as Ragnarok (a movie with 93 on RT) so I think it kinda evens out to Ragnarok-esque.

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

These reactions are positive but not that positive . Consensus I'm getting that it's good but not as good as ragnarok.

I don't think there's such thing. There were a wide variety going from "not as good as Ragnarok" to "my favorite Thor movie" and "one of the best Marvel movies". 

Calling any of these 3 a consensus is quite the reach. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

a good number say it’s their favorite Thor movie and a few say it’s not as good as Ragnarok (a movie with 93 on RT) so I think it kinda evens out to Ragnarok-esque.

Guess reviews will have the final say. Social media reactions never tell the full picture.

Personally sticking with mid 80s.

160M+ OW.

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Guess reviews will have the final say. Social media reactions never tell the full picture.

Personally sticking with mid 80s.

160M+ OW.

7 minutes ago, Juan Caballo said:

I don't think there's such thing. There were a wide variety going from "not as good as Ragnarok" to "my favorite Thor movie" and "one of the best Marvel movies". 

Calling any of these 3 a consensus is quite the reach. 

Guess consensus was  wrong word to use . But my point still stands ragnarok reactions were better than this reactions so Op comparing this to TGM reactions which are overwhelmingly positive is a stretch IMO.

21 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

read some spoilers and yep billie is happening. Take it to the bank. People are gonna love the shit out of this.

15 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Guess consensus was  wrong word to use . But my point still stands ragnarok reactions were better than this reactions so Op comparing this to TGM reactions which are overwhelmingly positive is a stretch IMO.

It’s definitely not TGM level , the initial tweets for that made it seem like it would be Fury Road but then the reviews mostly settled into regular acclaimed blockbuster territory a la recent Mission Impossible movies. 

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

read some spoilers and yep billie is happening. Take it to the bank. People are gonna love the shit out of this.

Billie was always in the cards. Most predictions have been around 1.1bn at least until DS2 after which  expectations were tempered but it still had a good chance at 1 billion.

Just calling this reactions TGM level seems like a stretch.

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Thor Ragnarok was very divisive with the audience. So many people loved it and so many people hated it

Thor Ragnarok is not divise, only the "I want Thor to be serious" gang which it's an insane minority box office wise cares.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So this is clearly going to get some bans right? That might put a slightdent on the $1b 

If there’s anything overt, then yes. We’ve already seen what countries will do it so we just have to bake that into our expectations at this point. All things considered and assuming it isn’t getting a China release, I’m going with MOM +15% worldwide.

22 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Thor Ragnarok is not divise, only the "I want Thor to be serious" gang which it's an insane minority box office wise cares.

I loved Ragnarok. I thought the humor was a little too much at times. Didn’t stop me from seeing it twice in theaters. 

1 hour ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Some people like it better than Ragnarok though.

It sounds like it's getting a solid mid 80's on Rotten Tomatoes like Gaurdians of the Galaxy vol. 2...

The reactions are reminding me of GOTG2.  Critically it wasn't quite as well received as the original.  While I thought it was messier, it had more heart and I do prefer it to the first.  I would be very satisfied if that were the experience for Love and Thunder in comparison to Ragnarok.

Edited by IceFire9yt
  • Like 3