TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Apparently he is, but not even him said it's bad or mixed.

He said the jokes aren't landing, that's pretty much it. Nothing that can't be quickly fixed, especially now that we know Taika shoot many variations of the same scenes and probably had more than 1 cut during editing. 

If the movie ended up being messy or something, which always can happen, it's not because of problems on test screenings. But yeah, people believe whatever they want.

My point is that people ignore what doesnt fit their personal preference and disregard everything else.

Even if the giy is reliabl le then it's 1 source vs 3. Erik Davis from Fandago said he heard amazing things regarding the movie (he is a fanboy but its not his opinion this time), BSL said people loved the movie in test sceeenings and Greatprase who is an insider siad it tested very psotively a couple of months ago.

I dont expect the sane reviews as Ragbarok but from to "insiders say its a mess" is a very BIG distance. Even GOTG VOL2 is very well received and has the same rt as the batman.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

IIRC the Eternals rumor was not about test screenings (don’t think we ever got any info about tests for Eternals) but execs, kind of like the rumor that WB execs thought Man of Steel would be Best Picture worthy lol. Those reports are always a bit suspicious and I don’t think the leaker in question was in the vein of a vieweranon who knows the blockbuster genre well and how audiences would react. All we can go on is the fact that the test screening tea for Doctor Strange 2 was quite on point and they have been quite accurate for DC movies and JWD of late as well. Again one person’s opinion is kind of pointless for these things, people who have access to the wider reactions in test are verbally more reliable. 

And as for why Jenkin’s project got pushed back in favor of Waititi’s, I think WW84’s poor reaction was a part of it but also I think with SW film side’s bad PR with directors in the last few years they really want someone who’s reliable and can wrangle a huge production without issues. As far as we know, he’s managed both Thor films without an inkling of trouble (other than the threeway paparazzi drama lmao), actors love working with him, etc. The last thing they need is another director drama. 

Marvel are way better at handling directors  tbh  which is why taika and gunn have done so well there .

Lucasfilm with exception of johnson have been in director issues.

Taika just like gunn has a flavour and don't think squeezing him into any sort of formulaic template that LF is used to is going to work but let's wait and see.

12 minutes ago, Jeight said:

My point is that people ignore what doesnt fit their personal preference and disregard everything else.

Even if the giy is reliabl le then it's 1 source vs 3. Erik Davis from Fandago said he heard amazing things regarding the movie (he is a fanboy but its not his opinion this time), BSL said people loved the movie in test sceeenings and Greatprase who is an insider siad it tested very psotively a couple of months ago.

I dont expect the sane reviews as Ragbarok but from to "insiders say its a mess" is a very BIG distance. Even GOTG VOL2 is very well received and has the same rt as the batman.

I’m not sure why it can’t get the same level of reviews as Ragarnok though? Like I get that critics have slightly soured on CBMs since 2017 and maybe there isn’t as much excitement when there isn’t an Infinity War right around the corner but I feel like the reaction to GOTG2 (though obviously still very positive) was that it was very much more of the same and no novelty factor anymore. Once Gunn moved to Suicide Squad and did his thing there, the critics were through the roof again lol 

L&T has a bit of a wild card factor cause Waititi didn’t write Ragnarok even if he had a strong hand but he seems to be the primary creative force behind this one. Obviously it may not work and it could be a big swing and miss, but if it works I could see it getting Ragnarok reactions. 

19 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

I always thought Batman Returns was held in pretty decent regard as a sequel? (haven't seen it, mostly because I didn't really like Burton's first one). 

Anyway I mostly ignore these rumors. The jokes in the trailers were a bit hit-or-miss for me, but no way to know how it will impact the film itself. My initial guess is that critical/audience reception will be similar to GOTG2. 

Explained away by others already...just wanted to say, yes, everything looked at in historical context.  At the time, it was a controversy.  But I loved it then and love it now -- I think it's one of my top-ten favorite movies, period, actually!  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

That punk ass kid's parents watching him parrot the lines they taught him

Eyes of Tammy Faye Show Unrecognizable Jessica Chastain and Andrew Garfield  in First Images

My favorite part is when the kid's like "I saw the movie twice". You know he thought this was rad as hell and was just using the "just to get a good view of it" as an excuse so his parents could take him to it again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Explained away by others already...just wanted to say, yes, everything looked at in historical context.  At the time, it was a controversy.  But I loved it then and love it now -- I think it's one of my top-ten favorite movies, period, actually!  

I still think about Michelle Pfieffer's performance on the daily. That's a rare Christopher Reeve scenario where they nailed the character so well right off the bat, in casting and performance and writing and everything that all other interpretations can't even come close. Hathaway and especially Kravitz come close, but no cigar.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

i got the trailer for this with Lightyear and all the Bale scenes were removed or edited

Weird. Was it because Lightyear is PG?

Probably, his design is kinda creepy, a more sensitive child could easily be afraid watching it in a big screen and generate furious parents. 

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I can't remember but I think they took out Thor's butt too lmao

The trailer that played infront of Jurassic World had that version, Bale was still in it though.

Edited by Orestes

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Probably, his design is kinda creepy, a more sensitive child could easily be afraid watching it in a big screen and generate furious parents. 

Kinda weird they'd be advertising the movie at a kid's movie then lol