eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The real embrassment with Hillbilly Elegy is the film made a hero out of guy..J D Vance... who has turned out to be a bigoted, right wing nutjob . I ma sure Howard winces everytime he see Vance in his Senate Campaign.

I think everyone involved w/ that movie wishes it would be wiped off the face of the earth lmao. The book was a massive bestseller and had a lot of cross-spectrum appeal so I understand why they adapted it, but yikes.. 

14 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah

They made the best MCU tv show and are much better than Watts so I’d be game if true as this is Randolph.

Watch it be Kate Herron tho lol.

I wonder; should Dr. Doom be in this movie? On one hand, he’s already been in every previous Fantastic Four film, and if the MCU Spider-Man trilogy is any indication, Kevin Feige doesn’t seem to like treading on familiar ground. On the other hand, pretty much everyone would agree that Dr. Doom has never been done right on film before, so this would be a good opportunity to actually try and do justice to the character. 

Of the pool of Marvel's Disney+ directors, there are only two (well, two teams of two) with enough feature experience that Feige would be willing to be hands off with. One of those two teams is currently directing Loki, and the other just had their schedules cleared out by Warner Bros Discovery.

Edited by SpiderByte

22 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I wonder; should Dr. Doom be in this movie? On one hand, he’s already been in every previous Fantastic Four film, and if the MCU Spider-Man trilogy is any indication, Kevin Feige doesn’t seem to like treading on familiar ground. On the other hand, pretty much everyone would agree that Dr. Doom has never been done right on film before, so this would be a good opportunity to actually try and do justice to the character. 

I think Victor will be there but not as Dr Doom, they will save it for the sequels

6 hours ago, Grebacio said:

I think Victor will be there but not as Dr Doom, they will save it for the sequels

Doom "could" be showing up before that, if buzz is to be believed...unless F.F. is a prequel, or a "we're joining from another 'verse" setup  (not entirely outside of the realm of possibility, given the concepts that Marvel's introducing...)  My bet is Feige moves away from any setup that resembles any of the FOX movies...which means we will first see Doom fully-formed.  

Edited by Macleod

14 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

There's someone hinting that it's Shakman but unless he leaves Star Trek 4 (which would make him like the fifth director to leave it) he'd be too busy.

Well, let's be real -- what's more likely to get the official greenlight first?  😁  It ain't Trek...the way it's going.

42 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Honestly JJ Abrams would make a killer FF film

Yeah the guy who has messed up two of the biggest SF franchises is a great choice.

I thinnk Abrams has been shown to be the classic emperor has no clothes.

51 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah the guy who has messed up two of the biggest SF franchises is a great choice.

I thinnk Abrams has been shown to be the classic emperor has no clothes.

Just don't let him make more than 1. Force Awakens and Star Trek are both great films and set the franchises up for comebacks. It was his 2nd film in those franchises that... did not go well.