eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

I kinda call BS on the notion Feige doesn't want to oversee the shoot, if anything you think he'd be MORE invested given the FF's crucial importance but that would also explain the initial Watts hiring

I expected Peyton Reed to be in the mix since he loves the characters but if Feige is looking for a more seasoned hand I imagine names floating around over the next few months include Justin Lin (Fast and Furious), Kosinski (Top Gun 2), Sam Mendes (Skyfall, 1917), Jeff Fowler (Sonic), Jake Kasdan (Jumanji), F Gary Gray (Fate of the Furious, shortlist for Winter Soldier), Rob Marshall (Mary Poppins, Little Mermaid), Marc Forster (Christopher Robin, World War Z), Daley/Goldstein (Game Night), Bill Condon (Beauty and the Beast)--aka every non MCU blockbuster director

Unlikely names but you never know: Akiva Schaffer (Chip n Dale), Michael Showalter (The Big Sick, lots of Disney/Fox/Hulu work), Craig Gillespie (Cruella), Reinaldo Marcus Green (King Richard), Theodore Melfi (Hidden Figures, Spiderman shortlist), Fuqua

8 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This is MCU and Disney, they're not gonna get, like, Jordan Peele or Steven Spielberg for a Fantastic Four movie. I doubt even Zemeckis, especially since he's going to be busy on the newly announced Hanks/Wright project

Spielberg hasn't even done the DC movie he's actually signed onto, no way he can do FF unless they delayed it to 2026 or something.

My guess it'll be someone like Matthew Vaughn.

8 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This is MCU and Disney, they're not gonna get, like, Jordan Peele or Steven Spielberg for a Fantastic Four movie. I doubt even Zemeckis, especially since he's going to be busy on the newly announced Hanks/Wright project

Didn't say they would get them, but doesn't mean they're not trying.  Who turns down a meeting with the biggest Studio and [currently] most profitable Producer in the world? 

15 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Didn't say they would get them, but doesn't mean they're not trying.  Who turns down a meeting with the biggest Studio and [currently] most profitable Producer in the world? 

Peele and Spielberg, for example, would absolutely turn them down lol. In fact, Peele has turned down multiple meetings with directing offers since he's happy at Universal receiving blank checks. It would be a waste of time. 

10 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Peele and Spielberg, for example, would absolutely turn them down lol. In fact, Peele has turned down multiple meetings with directing offers since he's happy at Universal receiving blank checks. It would be a waste of time. 

OK.  You're mentioning specific names/cases, I'm not.  

Edited by Macleod

Pete's Dragon dude is on the list as he has good relation with disney and most versatile among young filmmakers crop

List contains directors with 3-5 films under their belt either critically and/or commercially successful..

The kong skull island and gvk dude are on the list as well..hell even Duncan Jones is there..and believe it or not..Trank...on the list for shits and giggles...if marvel is feeling ballsy and wants a redemption story...why not?Pretty sure under the creative team of marvel , he may end up making more than a decent movie, which was sorely lacking under fox/kinberg joint.

There are 20-25 directors on the list...some seasoned ones as well..Oscar quality ones ...not sure they will be interested unless they get money for their passion projects

Edited by marveldcfox
  • ...wtf 1

45 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Pete's Dragon dude is on the list as he has good relation with disney and most versatile among young filmmakers crop

List contains directors with 3-5 films under their belt either critically and/or commercially successful..

The kong skull island and gvk dude are on the list as well..hell even Duncan Jones is there..and believe it or not..Trank...on the list for shits and giggles...if marvel is feeling ballsy and wants a redemption story...why not?Pretty sure under the creative team of marvel , he may end up making more than a decent movie, which was sorely lacking under fox/kinberg joint.

There are 20-25 directors on the list...some seasoned ones as well..Oscar quality ones ...not sure they will be interested unless they get money for their passion projects

Can you dm me the list?

48 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Send me the list too

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Oh christ I'm sick of this suggestion. Aside from the fact that he's publicly said he doesn't want to do it, he's already done two sendups of the FF. Hes not going to do an actual one.

I have come along to your way of thinking. I loved The Incredibles, which were of course  closley modeled on the Fantastic Four but now I think Bird would be a mistake and I think he is right in not wanting to do the real thing.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:27 AM, marveldcfox said:

You mean The Green Knight's David Lowery? Hmm, one of the "cast candidate leaks" earlier this year had Dev Patel as one of the frontrunners for main MCU Reed Richards. This being a Lowery/Patel reunion would be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

You mean The Green Knight's David Lowery? Hmm, one of the "cast candidate leaks" earlier this year had Dev Patel as one of the frontrunners for main MCU Reed Richards. This being a Lowery/Patel reunion would be interesting.

Just as amazing as the Josh Trank and Michael B Jordan reunion.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1