eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

You mean The Green Knight's David Lowery? Hmm, one of the "cast candidate leaks" earlier this year had Dev Patel as one of the frontrunners for main MCU Reed Richards. This being a Lowery/Patel reunion would be interesting.

WAIT HOLY SHIT I NEED DEV IN THIS RIGHT NOW WHAT THE H*CK

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

In terms of directors with recognizable names but could use a big hit, Zemeckis seems like a decent candidate. And Feige is a Back to the Future fan

Zemeckis will never make another good film again and he's already attached to another flop shooting soon after Pinocchio drops in Sept

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Zemeckis will never make another good film again and he's already attached to another flop shooting soon after Pinocchio drops in Sept

Given the production timeline of the other movies I don't think that's an issue since it's possible it may not be till 2025. There are more movies in development than there are open dates right now.

Plus if they do land a big name like they want I'm sure they'd be fine with waiting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Given the production timeline of the other movies I don't think that's an issue since it's possible it may not be till 2025. There are more movies in development than there are open dates right now.

Plus if they do land a big name like they want I'm sure they'd be fine with waiting.

It's going to be his 6th consecutive BOMB, though, so what's even the upside in hiring a guy like Zemeckis?

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How can anyone sleep on Brad Bird?

He directed some of the best Pixar movies.

He has already been brough up in this forum; several feel his having done a take off on the FF in "The Incredibles" might be more of detriment then a help.

Besides Bird has said he is not interested in doing the FF movie

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It's going to be his 6th consecutive BOMB, though, so what's even the upside in hiring a guy like Zemeckis?

Back to the Future and Forrest Gump were a long time ago. Zemackis has totally lost his touch.

I will never forgive him for his having done the Worst version of "A Christmas Carol" ever. And given how not very good version of that have been doen, that is something of a negative acheivement.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

What about Adam McKay? He's become a much bigger name since he helped patch up antman and has some decent experience with action set pieces and CGI

too busy Saving the World With His Art. unless he can stop the movie so that the thing can turn to the camera and explain the perils of deforestation i don't think he's interested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 6/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, CoolioD1 said:

too busy Saving the World With His Art. unless he can stop the movie so that the thing can turn to the camera and explain the perils of deforestation i don't think he's interested.

Agreed.McKay seems to not want to do a film where he might not be able to shove his political opinions down people's throats.

I also think just from an artistic point of view Feige is not interested in McKay. Story and charecters are secondary to McKay and are just excuses for his poltical sermons. TO use the old joke he sold his artistic birthright for a pot of message.

5 minutes ago, Juan Caballo said:

Btw, Feige announced they will be at SDCC. I don't if you guys make any thread on it here, but in case anyone missed it... they will be at SDCC

The Mouse has D23 coming up this year, so I'm not expecting much at Comic-Con. I'm expecting deep dives into Wakanda Forever and She-Hulk along with brief sneak peeks at Werewolf by Night and the Guardians Holiday Special. Anything after those will likely be saved for D23, so it'll be a few more months before we get any word on Marvel's slate after 2023.

18 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The Mouse has D23 coming up this year, so I'm not expecting much at Comic-Con. I'm expecting deep dives into Wakanda Forever and She-Hulk along with brief sneak peeks at Werewolf by Night and the Guardians Holiday Special. Anything after those will likely be saved for D23, so it'll be a few more months before we get any word on Marvel's slate after 2023.

Yeah exactly. And they also have Disney Plus Day days before D23. They also seem to be going big with She-Hulk at SDCC. 

What I'm expecting from SDCC is something like..

- Footage of "I Am Groot" 

- Teaser/clips and cast on stage for "She-Hulk" 

- official announcement, title reveal, first look, and cast reveal on stage for the "Werewolf by Night Halloween Special" 

- teaser trailer and cast on stage for "Black Panther 2". Coogler to. 

- "Guardians Holiday Special" we will probably get James Gunn on stage and some cast members. Maybe some images. 

Maybe something on What If season 2. Maybe something on Echo. 

Edited by Juan Caballo

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Eh, I can see F4 announcements happen, purely it'd be the biggest thing at SDCC