eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

6 hours ago, Alexandros said:

The one planned by Fox is most certainly dead but I'd be shocked if Doom doesn't get an MCU film down the line.

One rumor..so take it with a ton of salt..is that Doom will be the villain in Black Panther 2, with Marvel going for the Wakanda/Latravia wars storyline, where Doom tries to take over Wakanda to get his hands on all the Vibranium.

Doom is a great,great, villain, but I think Feige is going to be cautious about giving a villain a solo film.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Doom is a great,great, villain, but I think Feige is going to be cautious about giving a villain a solo film.

I'd be willing to "settle" for an Ascension of Doom style series showing a rise to power in Latveria on Disney+ as a prelude to him being the antagonist in another character's movie.

Edited by Horner

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

One rumor..so take it with a ton of salt..is that Doom will be the villain in Black Panther 2, with Marvel going for the Wakanda/Latravia wars storyline, where Doom tries to take over Wakanda to get his hands on all the Vibranium.

That's interesting, I haven't heard of that rumor. It would be very cool to have Dr Doom do his MCU debut so soon though!

19 hours ago, Horner said:

I'd be willing to "settle" for an Ascension of Doom style series showing a rise to power in Latveria on Disney+ as a prelude to him being the antagonist in another character's movie.

You know the chances of that happening are about zero?

If they've given Peyton Reed the job to introduce Kang, one of the Fantastic Fours biggest enemies, my guess is he's their pick to direct, or at least is involved. Which means they may go with his old FF pitch from the 2000's: a period piece set in the 60s where they got their powers as part of the Space Race. Though reportedly the fake LLC Marvels using for the project is Solve Everything LLC, which is straight from Hickman's run (which I guess could be reworked to be set in the 60s?)

Also, with the casting of Jonathan Majors as Kang, should they include the fact that he's meant to be Reed Richards descendant (which fwiw the comics sometimes forget about), it could mean that Reed or Sue may be black.

Edited by SpiderByte

19 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

If they've given Peyton Reed the job to introduce Kang, one of the Fantastic Fours biggest enemies, my guess is he's their pick to direct, or at least is involved. Which means they may go with his old FF pitch from the 2000's: a period piece set in the 60s where they got their powers as part of the Space Race. Though reportedly the fake LLC Marvels using for the project is Solve Everything LLC, which is straight from Hickman's run (which I guess could be reworked to be set in the 60s?)

Also, with the casting of Jonathan Majors as Kang, should they include the fact that he's meant to be Reed Richards descendant (which fwiw the comics sometimes forget about), it could mean that Reed or Sue may be black.

If it's going to be a period piece,then it has to be not set in the standard MCU. given that Superheros excpet for Cap and Captain Marvel never existed in the pre Iron Man era in the MCU.

And if they do a 60's FF, the original Lee/Kirby run is the obvious  source material.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

If it's going to be a period piece,then it has to be not set in the standard MCU. given that Superheros excpet for Cap and Captain Marvel never existed in the pre Iron Man era in the MCU.

And if they do a 60's FF, the original Lee/Kirby run is the obvious  source material.

I don't see why it'd have to be set outside the MCU. Cap would be in the ice and Captain Marvel wouldn't have even been born. No contradiction.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Fans hate on the Fox films but they made Fantastic Four a very well known property worldwide which will help Marvel make a huge hit out of this.

Fabtastuc Four were pretty damn well known before the Fox movie came out. That is like saying no one heard of Superman before the movies came out.

Weak,really weak.

I still wonder what Marvel Studios did to make you hate them so much. It seems to go beyond just not liking their films.

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

Fabtastuc Four were pretty damn well known before the Fox movie came out. That is like saying no one heard of Superman before the movies came out.

Weak,really weak.

I still wonder what Marvel Studios did to make you hate them so much. It seems to go beyond just not liking their films.

There was no hate for Marvel in my previous comment. I'm just saying the Fox films made global audiences aware of the Fantastic Four in a way that they will be much more excited for this reboot than if no film adaptation had been made.

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Fans hate on the Fox films but they made Fantastic Four a very well known property worldwide which will help Marvel make a huge hit out of this.

Idk how you could really sell the argument Fox made them popular when the last two Fox FF movies were critical and financial failures.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Thanks 1