eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

35 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Do the Peyton Reed period piece one. Ant Man and The Wasp is top ten MCU for me and he’s been dying to do. Besides it’s clear it won’t be a 2023 release.

This would be so good. Down with Love is a 60s set screwball comedy and probably the 2nd best non-MCU film from any of the MCU directors (after Creed).

Edit: Now that I think about it, did he make Down with Love because his F4 didn't come through

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This would be so good. Down with Love is a 60s set screwball comedy and probably the 2nd best non-MCU film from any of the MCU directors (after Creed).

Haven’t seen it but will check it out. Fruitvale Station/Creed are a hard combo to beat.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hades said:

If he wanted a break why sign on in the first place?.....Its obvious creative differences. Not sure why they wont admit that. It happens, no big deal.

He signed on a long time ago, pretty simple to realize he wanted a break between them and now

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Edit: Now that I think about it, did he make Down with Love because his F4 didn't come through

Hell the MCU has done period pieces before, like Captain America and Captain Marvel, have the 60s set movie and like the end of the third act has them stuck in the Quantum Realm. The fuckery in Quantumania releases them into the modern world just before the credits roll. 

1 hour ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Don't love the period piece idea, and I hope Reed does a quick turnaround on a quantumania sequel. But if not, would be happy to get him here.

Maybe they're putting Reed on FF and that's the real reason Quantumania moved up 5 months and both pieces of news broke today.... 👀 

Would 17 months be enough time to get it ready for the July 2024 release date?

44 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

Maybe they're putting Reed on FF and that's the real reason Quantumania moved up 5 months and both pieces of news broke today.... 👀 

Would 17 months be enough time to get it ready for the July 2024 release date?

Yeah I also wondered if there was a connection. There is plenty of time for a Reed FF4 to hit July 24 if they have been heading that way behind the scenes.

Jon watts was a safe choice. Frankly, I have lost interest in this project. They aren't hiring someone that can excite or surprise you. The approach has been too safe, so Peyton Reed won't surprise me. Might as well go for Trank..hit it outta the park under MCU..that would be almost poetic. Alternatively, hire someone fresh who has yet to do a comic book film, but has chops.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 3:21 PM, Hades said:

If he wanted a break why sign on in the first place?.....Its obvious creative differences. Not sure why they wont admit that. It happens, no big deal.

Some folks in Hollywood sign on their next project way in advance as insurance in case their current projects underwhelm. With NWH breaking out big time, Watts doesn't really need FF now. He has the clout to make a non-CBM (which apparently he is, one project featuring Clooney and Pitt for Apple Studios and the other the next Final Destination film for New Line).

• Like 4

Raimi's kooky but wholesome approach would be great for FF and he does love the characters (he listed them as one of his favourites in a Spider-Man 2 interview and Strange was nowhere to be found nnnnn), but I imagine depending on the reaction to MoM that he's either one-and-done or going to direct the third one.

15 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Raimi's kooky but wholesome approach would be great for FF and he does love the characters (he listed them as one of his favourites in a Spider-Man 2 interview and Strange was nowhere to be found nnnnn), but I imagine depending on the reaction to MoM that he's either one-and-done or going to direct the third one.

Marvel Raimissance:

FF4 2024

SM4 2025

DS3 2027

SM5 2028

FF4.2 2029

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed