eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

53 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

But would he take it after 3 ant-man movies?

Why not? Because Watts also did? Watts just came off one of the biggest hits ever, and even the article it was announced in said Watts is expected to come back for a fourth Spidey film, he's just taking a break first.

• Like 1

A few pages back someone suggested Brad Bird. I second the motion.

Somone also said no one knew about  the Fabtastic Four before Fox made the movies. I had to collapse in  laughter at that one.

Of course the guy  pretty much hates Marvel in general.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Brad Bird is a fucking boring choice. He does two pastiches of the FF and you think he'll do an actual FF movie? Unlikely.

Brad Bird has made a superhero movie no other MCU movie has been able to reach the quality off. But yeah I don’t think he’ll do it because of the other projects he has got going (ex. Ray Gunn).

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Brad Bird has made a superhero movie no other MCU movie has been able to reach the quality off. But yeah I don’t think he’ll do it because of the other projects he has got going (ex. Ray Gunn).

Yes, and those movies are very clearly direct pastiches of the FF. He's not gonna do it for real.

It'd be like getting the guys who did Galaxy Quest to do a Star Trek movie.

On 5/6/2022 at 4:19 AM, SpiderByte said:

Yes, and those movies are very clearly direct pastiches of the FF. He's not gonna do it for real.

It'd be like getting the guys who did Galaxy Quest to do a Star Trek movie.

Good lord, imagine calling The Incredibles "a pastiche of Fantastic Four." Didn't know the world revolved entirely around Marvel that a superhero movie centered on a family of four is a direct rip-off of F4.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Good lord, imagine calling The Incredibles "a pastiche of Fantastic Four." Didn't know the world revolved entirely around Marvel that a superhero movie centered on a family of four is a direct rip-off of F4.

But it very obviously is meant to be that. A team of a family of four where one of them can stretch, one can become invisible and create force fields, and one is named Mister Incredible, with an archenemy who gets his abilities from his technological genius, and another who's based on digging underground. It's not very subtle.

Jack Jack can even literally light himself on fire like the Human Torch.

I2-RGB-z356_40cs.sel16.140.jpg

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

But it very obviously is meant to be that. A team of a family of four where one of them can stretch, one can become invisible and create force fields, and one is named Mister Incredible, with an archenemy who gets his abilities from his technological genius. It's not very subtle.

Jack Jack can even literally light himself on fire like the Human Torch.

I2-RGB-z356_40cs.sel16.140.jpg

Still better than any F4 movie that there will be and there is.