eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

I can’t see Kraninski direct this because I suspect this to be a 2024 release and the turnaround between it and his next movie IF which also seems likely to be a big budget movie is too short.

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

Interesting timing, for sure.  Could mean nothing...but it could mean *everything* -- Krasinski directing, too.  

If he wants to, they will wait for him. 

They have so many other projects happening right now. I doubt if the fantastic four comes out in 2025 instead of 2024 it’s really gonna affect their schedule that much. It might even be better for it. 

• Like 2

I seriously don't want Krasinski/Blunt aged Reed/Sue for equal parts that Krasinski is fancasting at its worst and equal parts because that means Johnny is not going to be around Peter Parker's age coz otherwise 18-19 yo difference between Sue and Johnny makes little sense lmao

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

I seriously don't want Krasinski/Blunt aged Reed/Sue for equal parts that Krasinski is fancasting at its worst and equal parts because that means Johnny is not going to be around Peter Parker's age coz otherwise 18-19 yo difference between Sue and Johnny makes little sense lmao

I expect that the impulse to differentiate between both previous iterations (like we saw with SMH) is going to mean Val and Franklin in the 1st or 2nd movie and correspondingly an older side Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben.

21 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

I expect that the impulse to differentiate between both previous iterations (like we saw with SMH) is going to mean Val and Franklin in the 1st or 2nd movie and correspondingly an older side Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben.

On a related note I assume no or very little doom for the first two movies. Maybe get developed in other properties (BP3? Children’s crusade? iunno)

19 hours ago, YourMother said:

I can’t see Kraninski direct this because I suspect this to be a 2024 release and the turnaround between it and his next movie IF which also seems likely to be a big budget movie is too short.

Two years out is Marvels usual turnaround time, pre covid. Coogler was like two years and a month out picked to direct before Black Panther released.

Edited by SpiderByte

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

SOrry but we have tried the Young Fantastic Four twice, and it did not work.

And , frankly, BLunt might be near 40 in real life, but she sure as hell does not look  it. I have no problem with her having a teenage brother. And, in the original FF comics, Reed was older then Sue anyway.

You need an age difference between Sue and Johnny, otherwise the whole she is trying to be a surrogate mother to him just does not work. And this is vital to the basic concept of the FF as a bickering family  Reed and Sue trying to be parents to Johnny, Johnny as the young smart ass, and Ben Grimm as the grouchy uncle. But for their buckering, they come together when the chips are down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Link?

Considering the source, It's really, REALLY not the most reliable, but I did want to bring it up. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/um64ob/tv_bryce_dallas_howard_in_final_talks_to_direct/

Edited by Yandereprime101189

On 5/10/2022 at 8:12 PM, Yandereprime101189 said:

Considering the source, It's really, REALLY not the most reliable, but I did want to bring it up. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/um64ob/tv_bryce_dallas_howard_in_final_talks_to_direct/

I am not quite sure that Howard is ready for a big budget film yet...but it would be a interesting chocie.

But clearly, she wants to be antother Sofia Coppola...although her acting career is a thousand times more sucessful then Sofia's was.

FUnny that the speculation was her as a Sue Storm possbility.