eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It's almost as if Marvel is finally giving respect and care of attention due to a group known as The First Family of Marvel.

For all of the false starts and aborted attempts over the years, the simple fact of the matter is that this is long overdue.

Doesn't mean it'll be good.

Doesn't mean it'll break out.

But, if there is any group of superheroes that "deserve" to have something good happen to them after getting shafted by the Gods of Cinema over the decades, then the FF are pretty much at the top of the list. 

Main thing is they get something that Fox never got: The Ultimate version of the Fantastic FOur was a fail in the comics, few liked it,  and Marvel  went to the standard Marvel universe version.

WHy Fox kept tried the really young version of the FF Twice after it has flopped in the Ultimate Comics Version is beyond me.

Any word if that report his is set in a multiverse other then the standard MCU muniverse is true.? Not that means really that much with the gates open between the universes....

Edited by dudalb

The two kinds of people

13 hours ago, Porthos said:

It's almost as if Marvel is finally giving respect and care of attention due to a group known as The First Family of Marvel.

For all of the false starts and aborted attempts over the years, the simple fact of the matter is that this is long overdue.

Doesn't mean it'll be good.

Doesn't mean it'll break out.

But, if there is any group of superheroes that "deserve" to have something good happen to them after getting shafted by the Gods of Cinema over the decades, then the FF are pretty much at the top of the list. 

10 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Funniest possible scenario would be this and Superman flopping within weeks of each other.

7 hours ago, emoviefan said:

I know which one of these sides I am on and it ain't the it would be funny if both flopped one.

If both flopped, it would truly be the end of the CBM as we know it, and alot of heads would roll at Marvel and DC.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2024 at 11:02 PM, dudalb said:

If both flopped, it would truly be the end of the CBM as we know it, and alot of heads would roll at Marvel and DC.

stop threatening us with a good time 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 2

Posted (edited)

Thread title needs a change: Marvel/Disney are calling it THE Fantastic Four.

...Which I like.  I'm very sure it signifies their attempt to reclaim the brand...even though it will still be a "20th Century Studios" production on paper!

Edited by Macleod

13 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion around here - but I think this will be the highest grossing superhero film of 2025. And by a wide margin. 

Jinxed. Good stuff. Will now be the lowest grossing by a wide margin. 

21 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

I don’t understand why this and Superman needs to release within such close proximity. How does that benefit anyone)

Is this even filming yet? I thought Pedro was currently filming Last of Us

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Is this even filming yet? I thought Pedro was currently filming Last of Us

It's not. Filming starts at the end of July. (I'm pretty convinced it will move to November and Blade will get pushed to February)

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Filming is supposed to start in July. I don’t know if that’ll give them enough time in post to make the July date, but DP&W was supposed to be released in May before the SAG strike, and finished filming just this past January, so who knows? 

IIRC Marvel is operating under the new mandate from Iger that they everythig needs to be ready and planned, sequences locked before shooting and having to change minimal after shooting so they should be able to reach a July date but why not just take November. Unless it’s a spider movie taking blade’s place ofc