eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

My only real question at this point about this coming out in July is that it would leave the November slot vacant. I assumed the plan was for the next Spider-Man movie to take November, but that still hasn’t been announced, so I assume it’s not happening. 

22 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

People trying to pair up Pedro and Vanessa in real life are creepy as hell!

This isn't some Twilight movies where looks are everything and the main audience is teenage girls!

People creating romantic involvment between two stars just because they appear together when there is none has been going on forever.

And sometimes the studio encouraged the rumors.

In fact, the 1952 classic Singing In The Rain makes a lot of comedy by having the Gene Kelly charecter really disliking his co star, while the studio encourages the idea they are romantically involved.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

They appear to be building an old timey New York

Can the Yancy Street Gang,whose main purpose is to annoy the hell out of Ben Grimm, be far behind?

I still think they should move this to November. There is much less competition, the holidays will help, and it has more access to PLFs for a couple of weeks. But since Disney only has this, THUNDERBOLTS*, and ELIO for summer, they'll probably stick to the date.

Edited by kayumanggi

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I still think they should move this to November. There is much less competition, the holidays will help, and it has more access to PLFs for a couple of weeks. But since Disney only has this, THUNDERBOLTS*, and ELIO for summer, they'll probably stick to the date.

At this point, the prospect of Jurassic World, Superman and F4 coming out in the same month is looking like one of the only interesting things about 2025 for Hollywood, so this moving to November would just make the year seem even more uneventful. 

Edited by WittyUsername

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

At this point, the prospect of Jurassic World, Superman and F4 coming out in the same month is looking like one of the only interesting things about 2025 as a year for Hollywood, so this moving to November would just make the year seem even more uneventful. 

I see casualties. 😅

I think this film will still have a bit of an issue with public perception around the Fantastic Four given how the previous films went, but I did notice that it had the best and biggest buzz of any of the SDCC Marvel panel bits other than the Avengers news. That's a very good sign.

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I think this film will still have a bit of an issue with public perception around the Fantastic Four given how the previous films went, but I did notice that it had the best and biggest buzz of any of the SDCC Marvel panel bits other than the Avengers news. That's a very good sign.

Ture, but no worse then Dune did because of the first two failed attempts.

And unlike Dune a lot of people have fond memories of the Anitmated FF shows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

You know what? Fall is exactly where The Incredibles opened 20 years ago. And I always thought there is big similarity between both of the movie.

November 5, 2004

The Incredibles was released theatrically in the United States on November 5, 2004. In theaters, The Incredibles was accompanied by a short film, Boundin' (2003). The theatrical release also included sneak peeks for Cars and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

You know what? Fall is exactly where The Incredibles opened 20 years ago. And I always thought there is big similarity between both of the movie.

Uh, Brad BIrd has cheerfully admitted the Incredibles was inspired in large part by the Fantastic Four. He has made no secret about it.

• Like 1

Btw if instead of just post credit scene 

I hope RDJ as Doom actually has like 5-10 mins role in the movie

This will skyrocket the box office for this by atleast 150-200m alone. 

I think F4 could be biggest MCU franchise if done right. They interact with both Xmen and Avengers. Yes , Spidey does too but due to Sony situation the deal there is always something 

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Btw if instead of just post credit scene 

I hope RDJ as Doom actually has like 5-10 mins role in the movie

This will skyrocket the box office for this by atleast 150-200m alone. 

I think F4 could be biggest MCU franchise if done right. They interact with both Xmen and Avengers. Yes , Spidey does too but due to Sony situation the deal there is always something 

F4 and X-Men is the future after SW imo

2 hours ago, thajdikt said:

F4 and X-Men is the future after SW imo

They are an important part of the MCU future, but I don't think Feige is going to drop The Avengers and the other Non X Men/FF charecters.

• Like 1