Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

7 hours ago, Fish&chips said:

If they’re going to make a ranking system, they should have an objective standard IMO.

Staggering numbers for AIW though, what’s the likely multiplier off of that OW?

Probably at least £60m, £70m at a push. Can't really see anything past that. 

• Like 1

Am trying desperately hard to book tickets to see Avengers again tonight, after 20 minutes of an impeccably slow Odeon site, it finally crashed on me. Now it's back online after a few minutes and it says booking online is unavailable at my cinema! 

So somehow Marvel broke Odeon...

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Am trying desperately hard to book tickets to see Avengers again tonight, after 20 minutes of an impeccably slow Odeon site, it finally crashed on me. Now it's back online after a few minutes and it says booking online is unavailable at my cinema! 

Odeon and Cineworld both have dog shit systems, neither are equipped for the volume of advanced booking that takes place these days, even for a release like Peter Rabbit. 

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Odeon and Cineworld both have dog shit systems, neither are equipped for the volume of advanced booking that takes place these days, even for a release like Peter Rabbit. 

Surprisingly I've never had an issue with Cineworld (Crawley is my home cinema) but Odeon is just so slow all the time (Coventry is my cinema while at Uni). 

I'll keep persisting, hopefully I can break through eventually

4 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

That's unfortunate. In south korea booking takes under a minute on a smartphone :P

Tumbling several records, the latest Marvel superhero outing Avengers: Infinity War posted a massive four-day £29.4m opening, including £23.1m Fri-Sun.

The film dominated the marketplace over the weekend. A total of 78% of UK cinema audiences opted for Avengers, propelling the film to break the record for the UK’s biggest ever Saturday with £9.2m.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/avengers-infinity-war-breaks-uk-box-office-records-with-294m-opening/5128684.article

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I never have issues with Cineworld booking, sometimes it can take a few seconds to load but apart from that it's fine. Website is slightly annoying now that you can't open a showtime in another tab though. 

I just booked tickets for Avengers tomorrow and it took like 30 seconds

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Looking at the top 10 films of all time, Mamma Mia is #9 with £68.6m here. 

That’s gigantic, the sequel could end up one of the biggest films of the summer here. 

I'll certainly be there Opening Day :)