Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Midnights must have been absolutely huge. It'll likely have a drop today because of that, but a £5m+ Friday should be happening for sure, and potentially over £7m Saturday. Looks like this is heading for around the £25m ($34m) mark.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Heretic said:

HOLY SHIT.

That's £6.4m. For comparison AoU made £3.6m and The Avengers made like £2.5m. That is insane. Must be biggest Thursday on record easily. 

TFA did £10m.....

Pretty sure TLJ did at least 8m as well. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW

It’s a shame Deadpool 2 and Solo are coming at the end of May as that’ll will cut IW legs. 

I’ve noticed Ant-Man and the Wasp isn’t out until August, I know Ant-Man wasn’t as

big as other Marvel films but a month is quite a gap. 

I wonder how Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom will do? I think it’ll open well but whether it can match the heights of JW remains to be seen, 

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Vue website has crashed. Not sure if it's due to people trying to book IW... 

Lookinf crazy busy tonight though. 

CW Crawley looking busy as hell tonight and tomorrow. All 2D sold out until 6pm tomorrow, and all others are nearly full. 3D not quite as much, although will fill up with walkups. They really need more showings!

6 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

CW Crawley looking busy as hell tonight and tomorrow. All 2D sold out until 6pm tomorrow, and all others are nearly full. 3D not quite as much, although will fill up with walkups. They really need more showings!

I miss that cinema, Stevenage CW can't compare. 

18 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

2D doing better than 3D? :thinking:

4 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

2D doing better than 3D? :thinking:

Much. UK and USA have similar taste in this aspect. Many people don't like 3D now as it's a waste of extra cash especially when most films are not made to be proper 3D. 

IMAX is more popular than just 3D when available 

8 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

A lot of places around me don't bother with 3D if they have other premium options. 

IMAX and 4DX already are in 3D most of the time so regular 3D tends to be one showing, it was like that for RPO and Rampage. 

IMAX 3D for Avengers is worth it as it was shot on digital IMAX cameras, I saw it at the BFI and it used up most of the screen but I kind of want to see it again in laser IMAX

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

Midnights must have been absolutely huge. It'll likely have a drop today because of that, but a £5m+ Friday should be happening for sure, and potentially over £7m Saturday. Looks like this is heading for around the £25m ($34m) mark.

Looking to be over lc5m Fri, 

• Like 8