Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

What are people thinking for Fantastic Beats? Personally I think it looks great and a big step up from the previous film, so hopefully that translates for the actual film. 

The first one was huge here (£55m) but I’d put that mostly down to Potter goodwill. The second dropped off considerably buy managed to just top £30m. Hoping SoD can match that, especially given its focus on Dumbledore/Hogwarts and more adventurous tone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

What are people thinking for Fantastic Beats? Personally I think it looks great and a big step up from the previous film, so hopefully that translates for the actual film. 

The first one was huge here (£55m) but I’d put that mostly down to Potter goodwill. The second dropped off considerably buy managed to just top £30m. Hoping SoD can match that, especially given its focus on Dumbledore/Hogwarts and more adventurous tone. 

I think around 25m. Even if its an improvement, I dont think the interest is as high as it was for the 2nd one. 

The UK box office is funny because we will soon have 4 films in a row over £90M

£94M for Avatar - £95M for Spectre - £96M for NWH - £97M for NTTD (NTTD won't top £98M I think, only £1.6K this week)

4 films very close to the symbolic bar of £100M but none of the 4 will crossed it

Edited by LPLC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LPLC said:

The UK box office is funny because we will soon have 4 films in a row over £90M

£94M for Avatar - £95M for Spectre - £96M for NWH - £97M for NTTD (NTTD won't top £98M I think, only £1.6K this week)

4 films very close to the symbolic bar of £100M but none of the 4 will crossed it

I’m pretty sure that without PVOD hitting so early NTTD would’ve achieve that…

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Getting IMAX and Dolby all over the place as well. Looking like it'll be very condensed to Thursday and Friday though. 

Yeh, the Saturday afternoon showing I checked has only sold 4 out of 444 seats. 

It also has the £2.00 (20%) extra charge on top of every ticket (like NTTD, NWH, Shang Chi etc). 

Edited by Krissykins

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, the Saturday afternoon showing I checked has only sold 4 out of 444 seats. 

It also has the £2.00 (20%) extra charge on top of every ticket (like NTTD, NWH, Shang Chi etc). 

It's an extra £3 for the Telugu and Hindi shows at my cinema as well, though I think this is standard procedure with Indian blockbusters

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

It's an extra £3 for the Telugu and Hindi shows at my cinema as well, though I think this is standard procedure with Indian blockbusters

They must know it’s going to be extremely frontloaded. 

Morbius got its 15 rating, the same as both Venom films.