Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Just now, fmpro said:

Good? Comps?

Quanumania’s opening Friday was £3.7m, it was frontloaded though and it’s weekend was £8.8m. 

I’m not sure if a Marvel film has opened on a normal Wednesday when schools are in before? 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if people are waiting until the Bank Holiday to see GOTG V3? 

The only MCU film to have Wednesday releases are the Spider-Man films and those were released by Sony.

Friday looks much busier than Wednesday at my local if that means anything. 

Saturday might be impacted by the royal thing. Could make up for it on Sunday and Monday though. 

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Quanumania’s opening Friday was £3.7m, it was frontloaded though and it’s weekend was £8.8m. 

I’m not sure if a Marvel film has opened on a normal Wednesday when schools are in before? 

okay. Very hard to compare this 6 day OW to Ant. But WOM will be strong and numbers will hopefully be great. I loved the movie

Don’t think the coronation will have a big impact, plus it’s meant to be raining (lol), which will help cinemas. 

OD seems decent considering it’s a normal working/school day, it’ll pick up over the weekend and there is another bank holiday, so I imagine over £10m for the 5 day, low teens including bank holiday Monday. 

• Like 1

MCU films since 2015 which have opened midweek

Age Of Ultron (Thursday) £3.66m

Black Panther (Tuesday*) £2.67m, £2.49m, 2.04m

Infinity War (Thursday) £6.39m

Endgame (Thursday) £11.96m

Black Widow (Wednesday) £1.23m, £1.05m

Doctor Strange (Tuesday*) £1.49m, £1.22m, £1.09m

Doctor Strange 2 (Thursday) £4.85m

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Tuesday) £2.70m, £1.72m, £1.31m

Spider-Man: Homecoming (Wednesday) £1.57m, £1.02m

No Way Home (Wednesday) £7.64m, £4.73m

Thor: Love & Thunder (Thursday) £3.15m

Thor: Ragnarok (Tuesday*) £2.04m, £1.65m, £1.46m

*Opened during school holidays

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

Don’t think the coronation will have a big impact, plus it’s meant to be raining (lol), which will help cinemas. 

OD seems decent considering it’s a normal working/school day, it’ll pick up over the weekend and there is another bank holiday, so I imagine over £10m for the 5 day, low teens including bank holiday Monday. 

I don't see how it doesn't impact on the Saturday. Families will absolutely watch the crowning with their kids and probably have a mini party. Not everyones cup of tea but I imagine schools are all doing things in primary classes around it this week.

56 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Endgame OD is just absolutely nuts

It did include Double Bills from the day before and obviously midnight shows.

I think the Coronation is going to have a pretty big effect. The whole weekend is looking a bit subdued to me.

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I still feel like Deathly Hallows 2 had a more impressive opening day, mainly because that level had never even been close to being touched. I miss potter mania sometimes. 

Imagine if they'd never made those terrible Fantastic Beasts movies and just waited to give us a Cursed Child movie, would have seen some crazy numbers

9 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Imagine if they'd never made those terrible Fantastic Beasts movies and just waited to give us a Cursed Child movie, would have seen some crazy numbers

Theoretically still could, but feels like the ship has sailed on bringing back the original crew. 

4 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

My god no.

we dont need a shitty movie with an absurd plot

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 1