Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I've been toying with the idea of a Cineworld Unlimited card due to the crazy amount of cinema going this year, I'm used to places like Vue Westfield for the sheer reliability factor but it's pretty expensive to go to every week. Are there any good Cineworld's in London that can match up? 

I've been toying with the idea of a Cineworld Unlimited card due to the crazy amount of cinema going this year, I'm used to places like Vue Westfield for the sheer reliability factor but it's pretty expensive to go to every week. Are there any good Cineworld's in London that can match up? 

Most of the London Cineworld's I have been too are always a bit crap/run down/awkwardly shaped screen rooms (Fulham, Chelsea, Hammersmith, Trocadero...) though Wandsworth is massive and pretty good.

Was thinking of an unlimited card but it is quite expensive and to make it worth it you have to see pretty much every film out, even the bad ones.

Most of the London Cineworld's I have been too are always a bit crap/run down/awkwardly shaped screen rooms (Fulham, Chelsea, Hammersmith, Trocadero...) though Wandsworth is massive and pretty good.

Was thinking of an unlimited card but it is quite expensive and to make it worth it you have to see pretty much every film out, even the bad ones.

At £16.40 a month, and given the way prices are rising at the moment, you only need to see 2 films a month to be in a profit with it. Not exactly pretty much every film out.

I've done the O2 a couple of times which I've found to be pretty good, and done West India Quay once before, which was strangely laid out but ok from my experience.

• Like 1

Apparently Kingsman is going IMAX now according to Cineworld. WTF!?

Would make sense. Seems like HBO are ignoring every country which isn't Americuhhh with Game of Thrones so there's a small gap to be filled before Jupiter Ascending.

Would make sense. Seems like HBO are ignoring every country which isn't Americuhhh with Game of Thrones so there's a small gap to be filled before Jupiter Ascending.

After Jupiter Ascending there's still 5 or 6 weeks until Thrones starts again, and with the Hemsworth movie moving there's nothing to take its place. JA won't be shown all the way until April 3rd (fast), so we'll likely see older movies return to imax or Insurgent/Cinderella.

Ian Sandwell

The Theory of Everything adds terrific £2.3m for £12m after three weeks in play in the UK.

Ian Sandwell @ian_sandwell

Into the Woods enjoys second UK weekend of around £2m for £5.4m to date.

Excellent drops for both. Looks like Theory is heading for £20m.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

After Jupiter Ascending there's still 5 or 6 weeks until Thrones starts again, and with the Hemsworth movie moving there's nothing to take its place. JA won't be shown all the way until April 3rd (fast), so we'll likely see older movies return to imax or Insurgent/Cinderella.

Insurgent will get IMAX, it is confirmed. Chappie probably will as well. 

Do you have a link for Insurgent?

Sorry, I thought Lionsgate had already announced, but I am sure it is getting IMAX. The first Divergent had IMAX so this one will have as well. Also, Seventh Son is in IMAX and opens in the UK in March as well.