Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

No Way Home Tickets are on sale. Shame that there's no midnight shows, and it's the first time in a while that IMAX is going to be showing a blockbuster in 3D too

Seems to be a mixture of 3D and 2D after Thursday. Only the 8:30pm one is 3D on Friday and Saturday, and by Sunday it seems to be 2D only. Guess Sony are trying to gouge the people who are desperate to see it first.

I find it weird that Disney gave Encanto a five day release when it's not holidays, I expect it'll do strong business in the coming weeks as there's very little kids competition apart from Clifford which looks terrible.

House of Gucci did well, this sort of film always does solid business over here. 

It will be interesting how West Side Story fares, musicals generally do well in the UK and this is one based on the all time classics. 

Edited by Jonwo

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think those started during the day, this was midnight.

A die hard fanbase will buy tickets any time of day. I was up until 3am in 2012 trying to get tickets for TDKR when they went on sale at midnight. Though the BFI infrastructure back then was woefully unequipped to deal with such a launch 

20 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

A die hard fanbase will buy tickets any time of day. I was up until 3am in 2012 trying to get tickets for TDKR when they went on sale at midnight. Though the BFI infrastructure back then was woefully unequipped to deal with such a launch 

I mean yeah and that's why we have these sales, but I think these are better than NTTD from what I checked. Not EG level sure.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yeah, I just took a look myself cross a few chains. Lock in £30m 5 day now

£30M 5 days ? It's huge. #4 best OW of all time I guess.

Maybe £60M-£75M in the end, I was expecting "only" £50M so I'm happy.

Just now, LPLC said:

£30M 5 days ? It's huge. #4 best OW of all time I guess.

Maybe £60M-£75M in the end, I was expecting "only" £50M so I'm happy.

If anything, that feels like I'm being conservative. £7m/£8m weds feels within reach for sure. The fact it's selling so much in advance will mitigate any losses from the Meerkat Movies promotion. Plus at least looking at Cineworld, they've done the same thing as NTTD and upped the prices again from where they would normally be. Leicester Square IMAX 3D on weds night has now hit £27!!!

• Like 1