Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

What’s are people expecting for OD? It is looking crazy busy everywhere, even during the day with school/work. I think it’s definitely going over £6m, and wouldn’t be surprised with £7m.

Sales are also picking up for the rest of the opening. Wonder if it can break the £20m FSS mark. 

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

What’s are people expecting for OD? It is looking crazy busy everywhere, even during the day with school/work. I think it’s definitely going over £6m, and wouldn’t be surprised with £7m.

Sales are also picking up for the rest of the opening. Wonder if it can break the £20m FSS mark. 

Tomorrow, I'd expect it to beat NTTD opening day. I'm at around £15-18m for the 3 day weekend right now

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Tomorrow, I'd expect it to beat NTTD opening day. I'm at around £15-18m for the 3 day weekend right now

NTTD only made c£4.8m OD, but had an absolutely huge Saturday and Sunday. I think NWH will be way higher than NTTD OD, but likely won’t top its £8m+ Saturday. 

Quick rough extrapolation:

Wed: £6.5m

Thu: £4m

Fri: £5.5m

Sat: £7m

Sun: £6m 

£29m 5-day, £18.5m FSS

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

NTTD only made c£4.8m OD, but had an absolutely huge Saturday and Sunday. I think NWH will be way higher than NTTD OD, but likely won’t top its £8m+ Saturday. 

£29m 5-day, £18.5m FSS

What legs do you expect ? If NWH have the same legs as EG, it would mean a $75M total with that opening. Not bad.

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

£29m 5-day, £18.5m FSS

BOOOOOO. What is that WED number. BOOOO.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

I think NWH has a legit shot at £75M.

Not a snowballs chance in hell. The weekend isn't picking up as much slack as would be expected, and the competition over Christmas is more intense. Kingsman is a £10m+ movie, and Matrix is going to have a good opening minus opening Saturday not being a thing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Not a snowballs chance in hell. The weekend isn't picking up as much slack as would be expected, and the competition over Christmas is more intense. Kingsman is a £10m+ movie, and Matrix is going to have a good opening minus opening Saturday not being a thing

The Kings Man is already rotten and will be in the 30’s soon. It’ll be fine because it’s set in the UK but it’s not going to be a driver. Matrix is the same, fine but not the driver. NWH will be the go-to movie for the holidays, especially with the word of mouth it’s about to have. 

It’ll open over £33M for the 5 days and have at least 2.2x legs from there.

15 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Depending on the weekend i would say not unreasonable.

3 hours ago, LPLC said:

What legs do you expect ? If NWH have the same legs as EG, it would mean a $75M total with that opening. Not bad.

Should do very well over Christmas. If it opens to £30m 5 day, then £75m would be within range I think. But let’s see first, lots of things at play here, including possible covid related impacts as we head into Christmas and January.

• Like 1