93.    Howard the Duck
94.    Daredevil
95.    Spider-Man 3
96.    Teen Titans Go! To the Movies
97.    Electra
98.    Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
99.    Dark Phoenix
100.    Red

You can tell BOT has...singular taste when AMATW is below BvS and Deadpool 2 below Dark Phoenix, Electra, Howard the duck, and green lantern, and Daredevil

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Underdog opened Nov 2007 though? I remember since I had a whole birthday party where I went to see it with friends lol

fuck, you're right

it looks like i saw get smart then instead :whosad:

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

I still remembering being 9 years old and seeing The Dark Knight in IMAX opening night and leaving the cinema with my mind blown. It's the movie that got me interested in movies.

I was 18 and I had just graduated high school, and my parents had just moved to Houston. I didn't really know anyone, my parents owned some Dry Cleaner stores (yes they were Asian) and with not much of an AC working, that store was a god forsaken place that I had to work in every other day, with no pay to show for it other than money to go to the movies and lunch money. That was the Summer I started going to the movies weekly. Iron Man, Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda, You Don't Mess with the Zohan, ANYTHING. 

So when July 18th came around, I didn't even think about seeing it in IMAX at the time. I went to the mall across the street as soon as possible to see it on that Friday (after two weeks of waiting because of those absurd reviews at the time). The most vivid thing I'm always gonna remember is this lady whispering loudly "AW SHIT THAT'S TWO FACE" after he finally turns his damn head in the hospital, since it wasn't apparently clear before, but I could barely react that first time. 

I saw plenty of other movies after. Stuff like Step Brothers, Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express, hell even Bangkok Dangerous. But I still saw The Dark Knight 5 times, including a few times in IMAX. Because the theater was an Oasis from that sweltering hot dry cleaner store in 100 degree weather. So I guess that's what I meant when I said it was  THE film for me at a transitional phase in life. I already loved movies a ton before, but I don't think I'd really be here on this forum, and trying to go see movies on a weekly basis if it weren't for that summer.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Good percentage of this thread now that it's all over:

We've talked about this.  Just @ me.  I have no shame over these things.

good mtv GIF

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Menor said:

You can tell BOT has...singular taste when AMATW is below BvS and Deadpool 2 below Dark Phoenix, Electra, Howard the duck, and green lantern, and Daredevil

I enjoyed the Thomas Jane Punisher movie. I certainly would rank it above the likes of most of those.

No sign of Wanted either. James McAvoy's and Angelina Jolie's first comic book movie?

And I thought Venom would get a few votes, just cuz.

But yeah, Deadpool is ranked somewhat low on the list, and that obviously carried over to these particular voter's attitudes towards Deadpool 2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I was 18 and I had just graduated high school, and my parents had just moved to Houston. I didn't really know anyone, my parents owned some Dry Cleaner stores (yes they were Asian) and with not much of an AC working, that store was a god forsaken place that I had to work in every other day, with no pay to show for it other than money to go to the movies and lunch money. That was the Summer I started going to the movies weekly. Iron Man, Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda, You Don't Mess with the Zohan, ANYTHING. 

So when July 18th came around, I didn't even think about seeing it in IMAX at the time. I went to the mall across the street as soon as possible to see it on that Friday (after two weeks of waiting because of those absurd reviews at the time). The most vivid thing I'm always gonna remember is this lady whispering loudly "AW SHIT THAT'S TWO FACE" after he finally turns his damn head in the hospital, since it wasn't apparently clear before, but I could barely react that first time. 

I saw plenty of other movies after. Stuff like Step Brothers, Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express, hell even Bangkok Dangerous. But I still saw The Dark Knight 5 times, including a few times in IMAX. Because the theater was an Oasis from that sweltering hot dry cleaner store in 100 degree weather. So I guess that's what I meant when I said it was  THE film for me at a transitional phase in life. I already loved movies a ton before, but I don't think I'd really be here on this forum, and trying to go see movies on a weekly basis if it weren't for that summer.

I feel like a whole generation of people got into movies that summer. The Dark Knight was the first film I saw more than once in cinemas (and I even got a pirated copy to see it more times :ph34r:), and it was the first Blu-Ray I ever bought too. I used to watch that thing like once a week from there on out.

I wish I wasn't out of reactions so I could give this (and that comic post from @captainwondyful) a like.

• Like 3

@MrPink

It was before our theater got an IMAX, so I piled like three of my friends and I into my car and drove 80 miles to the next state over to see it.  We got there late and had to seat in the front row.  Awesome and overwhelming at the same time.  

(On the way home, we totally got pulled over for speeding and that's another story.)

I also remember it came out the same weekend as Mamma Mia.  So I ended up double featuring TDK and MM one day since my gay BFF was INSISTENT we were going to the ABBA movie.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

@MrPink

It was before our theater got an IMAX, so I piled like three of my friends and I into my car and drove 80 miles to the next state over to see it.  We got there late and had to seat in the front row.  Awesome and overwhelming at the same time.  

(On the way home, we totally got pulled over for speeding and that's another story.)

I also remember it came out the same weekend as Mamma Mia.  So I ended up double featuring TDK and MM one day since my gay BFF was INSISTENT we were going to the ABBA movie.

I felt like I drove 80 miles to the IMAX to see TDK but it turns out that's just because it's freaking Houston.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2