The Panda

BOT's Top Comic Book Movies of All Time! - WE’RE IN THE ENDGAME NOW

9 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

That's not the best reference, hon. There is no next time for him.

There is no "Terrence Howard". There is only the James Rhodes. A man who went on to feature in a cool 9.2B worth of movies after uttering that iconic line (to be precise, 9.241508465B -- in a strange coincidence I just learned, 200k shy of SW).   

I've got my "It's about damn time"at the ready, but may have to be fairly patient.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Wouldn’t Marvel fans be poor since they actually have good movies to watch in theaters?

Psssh, you must be new. It's not about the money in your own pocket, it's about the money in the pocket of your favorite evil megacorp :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, kitik said:

No sign of Wanted either. James McAvoy's and Angelina Jolie's first comic book movie?

Had it on my list

What surprises me is there is no

listed...

And no mention of

Hellblazer.jpg?w=1600

Not saying its a top 3 movie in quality, but worth mentioning I think. I had it at #10 for some reasons (like based/based on liking a higher than rating mix)

Edited by terrestrial

4 hours ago, MrPink said:

I was 18 and I had just graduated high school, and my parents had just moved to Houston. I didn't really know anyone, my parents owned some Dry Cleaner stores (yes they were Asian) and with not much of an AC working, that store was a god forsaken place that I had to work in every other day, with no pay to show for it other than money to go to the movies and lunch money. That was the Summer I started going to the movies weekly. Iron Man, Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda, You Don't Mess with the Zohan, ANYTHING. 

So when July 18th came around, I didn't even think about seeing it in IMAX at the time. I went to the mall across the street as soon as possible to see it on that Friday (after two weeks of waiting because of those absurd reviews at the time). The most vivid thing I'm always gonna remember is this lady whispering loudly "AW SHIT THAT'S TWO FACE" after he finally turns his damn head in the hospital, since it wasn't apparently clear before, but I could barely react that first time. 

I saw plenty of other movies after. Stuff like Step Brothers, Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express, hell even Bangkok Dangerous. But I still saw The Dark Knight 5 times, including a few times in IMAX. Because the theater was an Oasis from that sweltering hot dry cleaner store in 100 degree weather. So I guess that's what I meant when I said it was  THE film for me at a transitional phase in life. I already loved movies a ton before, but I don't think I'd really be here on this forum, and trying to go see movies on a weekly basis if it weren't for that summer.

Only 5 times? Hand in your Nolanite card, that should be double figures minimum. 

5 hours ago, MrPink said:

I was 18 and

add ~ 30y for me for that release date then (hah, again just before my birthday, then 1 day before it, this week this year 😉 )

Maybe one of the reasons that, beside respecting the movie (have it on my list) I rank it deeper on the list than the most here seem to do for reasons nothing to do with its general quality????