Succession (HBO)

Yeah it was incredible! Both they way it happened and the way it played out. Legendary stuff.

I think they would have gotten away fairly easy with doing the usual season 4a+4b split (that's actually two seasons) just to have it on their slate for another year. It's pretty much the way to go for every big awards magnet show since Sopranos.

But I'm really glad they didn't. All this happening so soon after the big shake up of the s3 finale, makes it even more surprising. Even though it isn't really. 

Just...woah. I never expected this show to move me to tears much as it did in this masterful episode. Had figured Logan was gonna bite the dust this season once it became announced this would be the last but didn't think it would happen this early. Brian Cox deserves all the awards for his fantastic work throughout this show.

Phenomenal performances from everyone, really. This episode really felt authentic in its depiction of dealing with the death of a family member, even for a family as complicated as the Roys.

It's going to be a wild last couple of episodes.

• Like 1

Funniest episode of the season. The Kerry scene was horryfying and at the same time that Marcia line about the Taxi to the subway was so brutal, I just laughed out loud. Also Karl destroying Tom on the spot, Greg trying to parlay a doodle with his name into 2nd in command, the underlined/crossed out meaningless debate. Epic hilarious stuff and at the same time the big moments like with Kerry or Shiv still land hard. When it ended with Kendoll back to his old bullshit, I had such a grin on my face. He's gonna fuck everyone up and then himself again. I can feel it.

• Like 2

Just gagged. I don’t know where this sits in my “greatest of all time” list, but it’s up there. Brilliant , brutal ending. Perfection. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

This finale was excellent, HBO, Wow, plus followed by that Barry ending Wow. 

Thought they were both excellent finales. Really great night for TV

• Like 1

Seriusly after seeing how good content HBO delivered Back to Back. Is there a wonder why theater attendance is low. Little Mermaid and all these movies are underperforming because TV and Streaming quality is through the roof. People are way more selective these days. Movies had the VFX edge but then you have series like House of the Dragon and that edge is not there.