RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

It's very very possible this is just butchered for talk show stuff but why use such a long clip then? Because it looks like half the footage that would normally be there got snipped out. If that's really the case and then I saw this was the clip being used to promote the movie I'd be pissed because the clip makes it look very bad.

Like the shot of her falling back into her body with like a quarter second cut before she actually hits her body?

Edited by SpiderByte

What is going on with Sony? With all the investment they have, they can't get audience and critics satisfy with a Live Action Marvel Movie. Also the fact that Sony pointed out this was post to be one of their big 6 live action (Ghostbusters, Kraven, Karate Kid, Venom, Bad Boys) films of the year shows this is going to be a rough 100 anniversary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomThomas said:

So the movie is as bad as its trailer? What a surprise! Who was the guy who claimed the movie had decent test-screenings, ViewerAnnon again or EmpireCity?

It was DanielRPK. He even thought the trailer looked good.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Goldenhour36 said:

What is going on with Sony? With all the investment they have, they can't get audience and critics satisfy with a Live Action Marvel Movie. Also the fact that Sony pointed out this was post to be one of their big 6 live action (Ghostbusters, Kraven, Karate Kid, Venom, Bad Boys) films of the year shows this is going to be a rough 100 anniversary. 

A big problem they'll face in the years to come is that this whole franchise was built on smoke and mirrors. They prominently use the Marvel logo in all the promotional material to deceive people into thinking they're in league with the MCU as well. The thing is, that tactic relied single-handedly on the overall strength of the Marvel brand, and that brand value has nosedived starting with Multiverse of Madness. So now instead of a golden goose they're hitching themselves a ride to damaged goods, which will turn off a lot of people. What makes this even worse is that these movies are all spinoffs of Spider-Man, a character who is still big and can be without needing any help from the larger Marvel universe. Unless they pull another stunt like in 2019 and take Spidey back, I wouldn't be surprised if Venom 3 is the last of these.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester
  • Like 1

Feel bad for SJ Clarkson. She has a great track record on TV and was supposed to direct Star Trek before that went into development hell, and had the failed pilot for a GoT spin-off in 2019 as well. And now this will be her actual big screen directorial debut.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Feel bad for SJ Clarkson. She has a great track record on TV and was supposed to direct Star Trek before that went into development hell, and had the failed pilot for a GoT spin-off in 2019 as well. And now this will be her actual big screen directorial debut.

Guess she’ll be sticking to TV for the foreseeable future. I just hope the writers behind this, Morbius, Gods of Egypt, The Last Witch Hunter and Dracula Untold never get work again.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

It was DanielRPK. He even thought the trailer looked good.

I think most of these guys are very young and didn's see any film made before the Attack of the Clones lol. I think whole film twitter is like that and doesn't matter whether they stan Marvel, A24 or The Bear. Their opinion don't mean much. They like one thing and ten minutes later they just switch to another thing.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Guess she’ll be sticking to TV for the foreseeable future. I just hope the writers behind this, Morbius, Gods of Egypt, The Last Witch Hunter and Dracula Untold never get work again.

you take that back. At least you're not shitting on Dracula 2000.

1 hour ago, Goldenhour36 said:

isn’t this just business as usual for Sony? They’re not a studio one readily associated with quality blockbusters.

22 minutes ago, John Marston said:

One of the reviews says that the Amazon researching spiders line isn’t in the Final Cut.

boycott

What the FUCK do you mean it isn't in the final movie?! No wonder why the reactions have been so bad. #ReleaseTheClarksonCut NOW!!!!!!