RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

1 minute ago, DInky said:

At that point Sony still had two successes (at least box office wise) with the Venom movies so that probably motivated them to keep going. I think they'll only consider their current approach if both Kraven and Venom 3 tank as well.

I could see Venom 3 disappointing based on current overall trends.

35 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

There's very obviously a unitard underneath it. It's just skin colored, with a transparent layer on top.

yes i know that lol i'm just really impressed by it

22 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Saw it unfortunately

the two Venom movies are bad and pointless but Madame Web... why make a movie like that? Atrocius

anything worth spoiling?

4 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

How are they supposed to learn when Spider-Man fans reward slop like Venom 1, 2, and NWH? If you keep paying to watch bad movies, guess what, you'll keep getting served bad movies.

I'll give you Venom 1 and 2 but in what universe is NWH slop?

22 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I could see Venom 3 disappointing based on current overall trends.

Wanting to add on to this, Venom 3 also has a first time feature director. 

Last times that's happened for a CBM, we've gotten Dark Phoenix and now Madame Web....

I think Venom 3 should still be mostly fine box office wise, but they need to be really careful with that movie. It can not be a complete disaster the way the other 2 movies I mentioned were. We dont know much about it but there doesn't seem to be any exciting additions to it. Venom 2 at least had Carnage and Woody Harrelson. Venom 3 has.... Juno Temple and Chiwetel Ejiofor. No one knows who else is returning or what characters are in it. Can't imagine it's very exciting

Edited by Pinacolada

15 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Last times that's happened for a CBM, we've gotten Dark Phoenix and now Madame Web....

I think Venom 3 should still be mostly fine box office wise, they need to be really careful with that movie. It can not be a complete disaster the way the other 2 movies I mentioned were

Kelly Marcel is indeed like Simon Kinberg on Dark Phoenix.

Or David S. Goyer on Blade Trinity.

SJ Clarkson is different in the sense that she already has directing experience, but it has only been for TV. The others are writers doing their first directing jobs.

Edited by Jay Beezy

4 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

That director is the writer for Fifty Shades of Grey that also had Dakota Johnson that went all the way to star in Madame Web that also had a first time feature director. Wow, the game ( or should I say web ) comes full circle!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I'll give you Venom 1 and 2 but in what universe is NWH slop?

In a universe of good filmmaking. Cameo fest CGI heavy nonsense can carry hard for so long.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Thanks 3
  • Knock It Off 1