Eric Prime

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Agreed. For the vast majoriry of the GA, Parker is Spiderman. They never even heard of Morales unitl the Spideyverse movie.

I mean sure but he’s most definitely more known to the GA than say Shang Chi or Eternals or tbh even Captain Marvel pre MCU.

23 minutes ago, cookie said:

I thought the rumored runtime was 159 minutes? (Which is obviously really long still, but I don't know where people are getting 2:50 from)

Well, the rumors are now still officially rumors, as I noticed with a quick search that the original Brazilian cinema chain has removed their runtime number...  

Pure speculation: I would like to think/believe that this movie's Dr. Strange is some variant ("Strange Supreme"?) that sneaked into the MCU, is holding "our" Strange prisoner, and is messing with things for some other ulterior motive...which would explain why Strange is seemingly acting so...strange...and why he literally can't get his house in order with weather?  (Perhaps this variant Strange himself is the reason the spell doesn't work? ...And he blames Parker just to cover his own patootie?)  That whole plot point does seem too simple...I hope there's more to it.  

More pure speculation: Despite not seeming so, I wouldn't be surprised if SONY has still somehow spoiled the bed with the trailer's last scene...which could very well be an ending that leads into a...Multiverse of Madness? 

Would be nice if some things were still surprises after so much leaked out... 

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I generally agree.  The gravity just isn't there.  I even liked the edginess of Amazing Spider-Man 1 more than anything I've seen in Holland's Spider-Man entries.  And therein lies the dilemma... while exciting for Old-School fans (and I am one), this really says something about Holland's Spider-Man world -- why is it that they needed to go back to all of this right now?  The fact that they couldn't/or decided not to come up with a compelling third film set entirely in Holland's Spidey world is definitely a statement of lack of confidence in its own "universe."...no matter how happy Feige is to work with these characters.  

I don't think Feige decides based on some online fans when both of the previous films were well-received by general audiences. More likely they decided that Spidey would be a good way to introduce the multiverse to a wider audience.

• Like 1

I had the impression Sony wanted to do the multiverse gimmick for SM3 because that's a way to have an easy mega hit ("live-action Into the Spider-Verse!" feels like the sort of idea an overpaid executive would conjure up) and King Kevin went along because (1) he likes counting money too, especially since Disney's renegotiated SM deal gave them a significant cut on this and (2) King Kevin wants to keep playing with Spidey and if that means pacifying Sony here and there, he'll do it. 

If they can make it all creatively satisfying after the fact that's cool, but this is all really why they did it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

14.5 Hours

YouTube - 70M (26M main)

Twitter - 21M (19M main handle)
Facebook - 14M+ (11M main handle)
Instagram - 42M+ (8.9M Tom, 3.8M Zendaya, 6.3M Marvel Studio, 8.8M Marvel, 6M Spider-man movie)

Total - 147M+

You Tube was 80M in 15 hours for first trailer & overall 198M. So around 74% overall. 250m 24 hours may be.

24 Hours Views

YouTube - 95M (31M main)

Twitter - 24M (21.5M main handle)
Facebook - 20M+ (14.5M main handle)
Instagram - 49M+ (11.2M Tom, 4.7M Zendaya, 7.3M Marvel Studio, 10.4M Marvel, 7.3M Spider-man movie)

Total - 188M+

Including China close to 250M.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:02 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

24 Hours

YT - 111M (36.7M Sony, 11.6M Marvel, 13.3M Sony India)

Twitter - 47M (43.8M Spiderman)

Instagram - 66M+ (13.1M Marvel, 18.4M Tom, 11.7M Marvel Studios, 7.1M Zendaya)

Facebook - 35M+ (Main 29M)

Tik Tok - 9M+ (7M Marvel, 2M Sony)

Total - 268M

Including China and other platforms I missed, 285-300M.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

24 Hours Views

YouTube - 95M (31M main)

Instagram - 49M+ (11.2M Tom, 4.7M Zendaya, 7.3M Marvel Studio, 10.4M Marvel, 7.3M Spider-man movie)

Total - 188M+

A precipitous drop from the first trailer. Hmm, perhaps I need to take 10-15% off my opening weekend prediction...

35 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

24 Hours Views

YouTube - 95M (31M main)

Total - 188M+

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

A precipitous drop from the first trailer. Hmm, perhaps I need to take 10-15% off my opening weekend prediction...

#CRUMBLING

5 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The one bad thing about this movie is that it means we're highly unlikely going to see MCU interpretations of these characters. Some of them that's fine but I really would have been curious of an MCU Norman Osborn. 

It would be foolish to try and do new interpretations Norman Osborn (as the Green Goblin) or Doc Ock again. 

They are way too iconic and everyone considers Molina and Dafoe perfect in the roles. Just do new villains. Maybe in 20-30 years they can try again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RRA said:

had the impression Sony wanted to do the multiverse gimmick for SM3 because that's a way to have an easy mega hit ("live-action Into the Spider-Verse!" feels like the sort of idea an overpaid executive would conjure up) and King Kevin went along because (1) he likes counting money too, especially since Disney's renegotiated SM deal gave them a significant cut on this and (2) King Kevin wants to keep playing with Spidey and if that means pacifying Sony here and there, he'll do it. 

Nah, the multiverse was already happening before this. In fact they had to rewrite part of this because Multiverse of Madness was delayed to come out second.

46 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Nah, the multiverse was already happening before this. In fact they had to rewrite part of this because Multiverse of Madness was delayed to come out second.

More like Marvel shared with Sony early on about doing the MV and Sony “oh hey, since you all are doing that…” I mean with that deal renewal, Marvel had to share at least broad strokes of what they’re doing with them so Sony could try to link their spin-offs to it and map this stuff out.

4 minutes ago, RRA said:

More like Marvel shared with Sony early on about doing the MV and Sony “oh hey, since you all are doing that…” I mean with that deal renewal, Marvel had to share at least broad strokes of what they’re doing with them so Sony could try to link their spin-offs to it and map this stuff out.

I’m dying to hear some trade reports about how the concept for this movie came to be.