Eric the IF

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

9 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I’m seeing some really high predictions here. Guys and Gals, please do not set yourselves up for disappointment when it does fantastic numbers but not the numbers you put out there. Those thinking it will do 200 million opening week will be crestfallen if it does under 150. No meltdowns please! The board can get sort of toxic when that happens. 

With that said, I am so happy to see Doc Ock back.. Spider Man 2 is my favorite Soider-Man movie and one of my favorite movies period, so I am praying this does gangbusters. 

yep detective pikachu all over again. Winter break for millions starts on 12/20 after the first week. The 2nd entire week is going to monstrously good. FFH did 185m on a 6 day opening.

It did 298m in 17 days.

I could see NWH doing 450 m in 17 days. Feel like I'm on another planet if that's conservative! Maybe it does more but come on that's awesome!

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

yep detective pikachu all over again.

Not remotely the same. The last MCU Spider-Man movie was literally the highest grossing movie in Sonys history and was a billion dollar hit. Pokemon movies have never done anything close.

And now Sony is crossing over the MCU Spidey with a movie that made 400 Dom when it came out in 2002.

Edited by SpiderByte

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Not remotely the same. The last MCU Spider-Man movie was literally the highest grossing movie in Sonys history and was a billion dollar hit.

Sure and people are saying they are upset with a 60% increase (150m 3 day) during a pandemic after a very disappointing eternals and nothing close to the link FFH had to End Game.

Pikachu was delusional but people's instance that it has to do 600m or it's terrible is crazy. 450 is good, 500 is amazing, 600 is legendary etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Sure and people are saying they are upset with a 60% increase (150m 3 day) during a pandemic after a very disappointing eternals and nothing close to the link FFH had to End Game.

Pikachu was delusional but people's instance that it has to do 600m or it's terrible is crazy. 450 is good, 500 is amazing, 600 is legendary etc. 

If the hook is nothing close then why did NWH have such a big trailer relative to FFH? And FFH's "opening weekend" wasn't actually its opening. 

Edited by Menor

Just now, Menor said:

If the hook is nothing close then why did NWH have such a big trailer relative to FFH? And FFH's "opening weekend" wasn't actually its opening. 

FFH did 185m in its 6 day. NWH unless it has horrible reviews likely will beat that. It will destroy the 17 day total. Trailer views are likely because we have a bunch of horrific films and finally have something to look towards. Nostalgia plays big. 

Case counts are going to jump a lot and always were. Things are not perfect and reviews are unknown at this point. All that being said I expect 400+ 17 day. If it kicks ass 500+ 

Just now, Knights of Ren said:

Not y’all comparing this to Detektive Pikachu 😅

This is a slam dunk $200M OW

The film will outgross DP's WW gross in it's first month domestically most likely. It will outgross it's entire domestic gross in 3 days. The link to DP is the fervent predictions and insane expectations. DP could have done way better had it not been mediocre but never as good as what this film will do.

20 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Last one is possible. Other 2 seem absolutely insane.

The first and the third are pretty equivalent. What kind of run do you see where it totals at like 640 but od was well under 90?

Edited by Eternal Legion

15 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

describing 150M as a 60% increase from FFH is comically disingenuous. A 60% increase from FFH’s effective 3day would be about 230M (this is a little too high even for me).   

As for “nothing close to the link FFH had to Endgame”… if you think the FFH hook was even in the same ballpark as Tobey I don’t know what you’re smoking

Edited by Eternal Legion

I feel like December isnt going to matter with the opening here, this fanbase will rush out at any time. December should help legs though 

Edited by excel1

6 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

The first and the third are pretty equivalent. What kind of run do you see where it totals at like 640 but od was well under 90?

624 right not 640?

223 I guess is possible. Still a ton. 90 in one day during a pandemic. OUCH

Guess for me I think that 25 million kids getting out if school the following Monday could lead to many folks waiting.

Regardless of percentage. FFH did 230 in 10 days not in a pandemic when school was already out. During a pandemic I'm thinking 300+ is a lock again with killer reviews 400+ with another frickin week until January! 400+ possible 500+ through Jan 2.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

624 right not 640?

223 I guess is possible. Still a ton. 90 in one day during a pandemic. OUCH

Hah, like I said to venomxxr earlier some mild disagreement among sources for the month. I think the lower numbers are more likely to be missing some movies vs the higher numbers over counting, so target should be somewhere 630s.   

I mean, it’s really 90M in 2 days, the true single day record probably can’t touch F9’s OW.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

Hah, like I said to venomxxr earlier some mild disagreement among sources for the month. I think the lower numbers are more likely to be missing some movies vs the higher numbers over counting, so target should be somewhere 630s.   

I mean, it’s really 90M in 2 days, the true single day record probably can’t touch F9’s OW.

touche. Legion got his estimate in for the weekend folks, he's on board 1st. I'm 2nd. Where is yours @Porthos and @VenomXXR Choppy Choppy :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Legion got his estimate in for the weekend folks, he's on board 1st. I'm 2nd. Where is yours @Porthos 

5u06oe.jpg

Got months and months and months of gold anyway, so I'll pass for now. ;)

Edited by Porthos
Punched it up a little
  • Haha 3