Eric Furiosa

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

It's more copyright than spoiler for Campea watermarked images that weren't his. From what I understood. I'm sure that Disney/Sony are delighted that leaks are raising the hype temperature to unimaginable levels. This won't be just fandom rush OW. Casuals will storm the theaters too. People are actually talking about this movie's team up. And when something becomes a watercooler topic, it goes stratospheric. 

NWH is going to be the first real pre-pandemic boxoffice in pandemic era. 

I think that NWH will do for the US market what Bond did for the UK. Since Bond came out, UK cinemas have been practically as busy as pre-pandemic levels (at least from what I’ve seen anecdotally). It just needs one massive film to bring back confidence in the people who’ve been staying away.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I think that NWH will do for the US market what Bond did for the UK. Since Bond came out, UK cinemas have been practically as busy as pre-pandemic levels (at least from what I’ve seen anecdotally). It just needs one massive film to bring back confidence in the people who’ve been staying away.

Agree. I also think from a cultural aspect, people want that escapism now more than ever.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Agreed. I was thinking along the same lines. :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

$299M is not bad.

Well, we'll see. If it's going as high as that then it will destroy everything but Endgame in PS. Will be way over TROS. Personally my target is 200 for now and would even be okay with like 150 OW (assuming decent-ish legs for 500 total). In actual predictions I'm IN the over Avengers club so probably 205 OW/650 total for now. 

Edited by Menor

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

In the unlikely event that Tobey/Andrew aren’t in it, I think WOM will be toxic. It’s what everyone wants and now expects 

Tobey when everyone finds out he isn't in it:

gonna-cry.gif

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

Well, we'll see. If it's going as high as that then it will destroy everything but Endgame in PS. Will be way over TROS. Personally my target is 200 for now and would even be okay with like 150-500ish. 

Would be “okay” with beating Endgame’s record by 130M, smh

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Menor said:

Well, we'll see. If it's going as high as that then it will destroy everything but Endgame in PS. Will be way over TROS. Personally my target is 200 for now and would even be okay with like 150 OW (assuming decent-ish legs for 500 total). In actual predictions I'm IN the over Avengers club so probably 205 OW/650 total for now. 

If OW was trending at $300M (too lofty a goal even for me at this point), wouldn’t PS probably be bigger than Endgame given how spread out the holidays are? As I recall, after previews and FS, TFA’s next biggest presales day was Christmas.

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

In the unlikely event that Tobey/Andrew aren’t in it and this is some Wandavision/Iron Man 3 troll job, I think WOM will be toxic. It’s what everyone wants and now expects 

That is the one thing that would keep this from being  2021's biggest  hit if the ex Spidey's are not in it. 

Though I ahve to strongly disagree with you that Wandavision was a troll job. It's my favorite,so far, of the MCU Disney Plus shows.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Just compiled all quotes from 4chan AMA leak. It's legit. You can't make these things up. Sounds like a great movie.

"Sounds" and "Is" are two different things, of course... Regardless of what anyone's "heard"...It's all about what story is being told -- and how -- on screen.